Author Topic: A surprise back home  (Read 2931 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
A surprise back home
« on: September 29, 2012, 15:47:47 »
I was very happy to see that my old friend my Policeman had arrived home safe and sound  :yippee: if not a bit disorientated from several days travelling in an envelope back from Paris, big thanks to Arnaud for fixing him up wwe're both very grateful  :)9. Next morning he came down to work with me and the rest of his pals where I had a surprise waiting for him ...

While he'd been away I'd managed to win some old style Police figures like him and my other old Policeman along with some Knights who I'll get to later on.

Everyone seemed happy to be introduced to each other particularly the new Police who'd been kept in isolation until my old fella arrived back, although the modern guys didn't really see why everyone was getting so excited.

Group photo, the guy with the blue legs is probably going to be a civilian but, seeing as he was already there he joined in anyway  ;)

"Wow it's just like looking in a mirror" 

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: A surprise back home
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 15:54:06 »
Quite an impressive array! I am sure you are glad he is back home.   Did he pick up any new police procedures while in France?
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 15:57:31 »

To think I used to look like that

He would have originally come with a cap, helmet, belt and tie as shown and a loudspeaker/megaphone, handcuffs, walkie talkie and clear riot shield

Scrubs up quite nicely I'd say  ;)

And a group photo of the old fellas together I really do love these old style bobbies

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 16:06:07 »
The other set which I bid on was a set of Knights with an old style horse and some other accessories, most of the Knights were quite keen to meet the newcomers ...

... While some of the others seemed more interested in the new horse  ;D

I've got to say I really like these fellas great colour scheme and design as well the accessories are great the bugle and crossbow are great accessories as are the buckets (going to have to get my clay out to make some water) but, that mug of ale is just brilliant even better that you can take it out to to make it look empty or full  :**:.

Quite an impressive array! I am sure you are glad he is back home.   Did he pick up any new police procedures while in France?
Joe

Thansk as far as I know he's only been picking up a few bad habits from the French Knights  ;D, he said that he'd been enjoying the wine  :cham: :cham: and the food there though, strange to think my little fella's seen more of this world than me   

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 16:07:09 »
Great group! That's great that you were able to find help restoring your figure.

And you have some Crusaders now! Well done. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 17:06:04 »
What a great collection of klickies! Those old knights are the best!! :love:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 17:17:10 »
Great group! That's great that you were able to find help restoring your figure.

And you have some Crusaders now! Well done. :)

Aye there a nice group I'm very happy to have my Policeman back and in full health, I spotted the Cursader and Teutonic fellas a while back in WHSmith when I was looking at the Playmobil they were buy 1 get 1 half price so I bought them and a Dad with a baby in a pram and a little girl, someone had opened the Crusaders up they were the last set there and everythign fell out when I picked it up  :-[ ;D

What a great collection of klickies! Those old knights are the best!! :love:

Yeah they're great can see why the Captain was holding the beer mug he's got a beer belly to go with it as well  ;D  ;) I'd love to get the Swan, Tower and Fleur De - Lis knights as well   

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 17:23:00 »
I'd love to get the Swan, Tower and Fleur De - Lis knights as well   

Yup, all those knight factions from the 90's are quite simply the greatest Playmobil has produced! :yup:

Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 17:33:09 »
Nice to see he is back with you safe and sound, and I'm sure he was pleased to find new friends waiting!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 22:44:01 »
what a nice surprise for your old policeman, did he just get promoted to chief of police?  :)

From experience I can say that the swan, tower and fleur de lis knights are great to have, although they might keep trying to persuade you to get the 3666 castle as well. After 20 years I caved.  :)