Author Topic: Border skirmish!  (Read 7378 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Border skirmish!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 00:43:52 »
That night, the Vikings made camp in the mountains.

The captain and Hadrian decided that nighttime was the best time to make an escape.
"But what if the guards are awake and see us?" whispered Hadrian.
"Don't worry, it will be too dark - they won't see us." the captain reassured Hadrian.

That night, under the cover of darkness, the captain and Hadrian made their escape. The snuck past the sleeping guard.

They tiptoed as quietly as possible, but Hadrian stepped on a branch, which snapped.
"Hadrian!!" hissed the captain.

But it was too late. Two guards had already blocked their path of escape, forcing the knights back.

The two knights turned around - more Vikings were approaching.

The knights were rounded up and returned as prisoners, now under the watchful eyes of two guards.

Later that day, the Vikings and their captives continued their journey back to Viking land.

Meanwhile, at the ruined outpost, Richard, Edward and the two soldiers had gathered their arms and armour from the weaponry scattered around the fort.

They planned to return to the king's castle and organize a rescue mission for Hadrian and the captain. They knew that the king would offer them little sympathy, given that they surrendered and placed the jousting champion and veteran knight in the hands of the Vikings. Still, it was worth a try. So, towards the king's castle they travelled, leaving behind the fortlet.

To be continued...

PlaymoMan :knight:

(You probably won't see much of Richard and Edward's side of the story as I need to still get a proper castle. But, I will continue Hadrian's side of the story and you shall see the next bit soon... ;D).
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:24 »
great story so far, maybe you could just design a castle throne room to portray scenes at the castle? A fancy chair and some accesoires and soldiers might be enough to give the impression of a throne room.  :)

Although I'd still recommend getting a nice castle since its so versatile and can be build up in so many ways. If it's steck.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:39 »
Wonderful story with very nice scenes of the battle, well done.
Many thanks for all these pictures.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 23:59:23 »
great story so far, maybe you could just design a castle throne room to portray scenes at the castle? A fancy chair and some accesoires and soldiers might be enough to give the impression of a throne room.  :)

Although I'd still recommend getting a nice castle since its so versatile and can be build up in so many ways. If it's steck.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind. :)
I would love to get a steck castle, but the chances of getting them down here are pretty slim - the ones on eBay sell for too much. :(

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 02:19:45 »
This is really great, can't wait to see what happens next!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:04:39 »
Again, excellent action scenes! Looking forward to the rest!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 15:55:11 »
Wonderful; story and pictures, this is what Playmobil is about! 

Are you by any chance left handed?

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 20:08:19 »
Are you by any chance left handed?

Nope, I'm a righty! :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 00:20:57 »
Your clickies seem to be left handed though.  :lol:

And I thought it was just me, in my childhood I did always put the weapon in the left hand, and when I rediscovered playmobil I found most clickies holding items in their left hands still. These days I am even paying attention to it to put it in their right hand since most people seem to have it that way.  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:39 »
Does it really matter? :hmm: I must say I never examine anyone's pics to see which hands the weapons are in, it seems a bit picky to me.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.