Author Topic: New US Exclusive Ladder Truck  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New US Exclusive Ladder Truck
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 16:30:53 »
I agree it look to similar to the low quality Chinese one and far from a standard high quality playmobil products. It seems Geobra is insistant on cracking the US market by lowering their standards  ::)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 19:02:01 »
 :o :o :omg: i want i want i want  :woohoo: :yippee:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:23:00 »
Saw this in the local Mom and Pop toy shop for $27-ish and guess what..... Made In China  >:( Why Geobra, why must you lower your standards for the US market?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59:49 »
The bulk of the truck does look very unplaymoish and cheap. If it weren't for the klickies, I'd think it was another brand. I refuse to buy Playmobil that is made in China. Given the poor quality, it's not worth my money. Half the reason for buying Playmobil is because it's not junk made in China. I don't want these poorly made sets for my niece, and I certainly don't want to collect them myself.

[Disclaimer: I have nothing against Chinese artisans or Chinese companies that produce quality items with considerations towards good worker treatment and reduced environmental impact. But in general, manufacturers in China have such a poor record on all accounts that I try to avoid Chinese-made products unless I have reason to believe they were ethically produced and well-made.]

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56:15 »
Looks horrid to me  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 14:06:02 »
Yeah... if we had some assurance from geobra that these were not made using child labor it would be a good start. >:( Better yet, stop making stuff in china altogether.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 14:15:00 »
Yeah... if we had some assurance from geobra that these were not made using child labor it would be a good start. >:( Better yet, stop making stuff in china altogether.

There are a lot of stories here for babies and children's cloths for sale made of china that are very harmful to health as well as same stories about toys made in china with toxic substances ... very bad all together . i didnt know playmobil has factories in china actually. Then again comparing the plastic quality of the earlyplaymos and today the differences are massive. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 17:25:28 »
I've looked at this set several times in TRU, but so far avoided buying it. I don't really like the logos on the klickes and the cab doors, nothing like a real fire department would use. I'd have to replace with Klickies with other firemen, though that's not a big problem to me as I have dozens.

For $25 it seems to me a good deal, certainly lacking the extra details and bits and bobs that a full range set has, but for a younger child to play with, very robust.  As TRU frequently run sales, I could get it for $20 if I wanted it.

It's in the same series as the Swat Van and Swat helicopter, and those are made in Germany according to the box. The quality is certainly up to current Playmobil standards. Detail is another matter; non-opening doors, a ladder that doesn't extend etc, are not features we like to see from proper Playmobil, but I take these sets as a sort of mid-way between the 1-2-3 range and the full range stuff. For $20-$25 these sets are a nice introduction to Playmobil for a family that might otherwise be put off by a $40 or higher pricetag.