Author Topic: Imperial Qing Guards in winter uniforms circa 1900, Peking  (Read 1962 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
not an entirely new custom...but further customised to depict 2 layers of clothes for winter..
wearing their shorter blue outer coats over their longer inner white cotton shirts....
folded back over their shorter blue sleeves (depicetd by those Santa-claus type of cuffs or those used by the new olympic tennis klicky)
and their front white shirt tails hanging out under their heavy blue coats.

I also completed the gold printing around their necks using gold PVC stickers

their conical hats(old customs from PVC sheets) and shoes(sprayed) are not new customs.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Imperial Qing Guards in winter uniforms circa 1900, Peking
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:58 »
I love the details  :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:41:57 »
Wow, cheng, your customs and ideas and detailing just get better and better.  I can see Geobra now scrapping their plans for a Chinese theme and saying, "We can't equal cheng's work, let's just give up!"
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:05:04 »
i hope those hats comming out soon.. or malone does them :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 09:16:42 »
adding this photo to more clearly explain what I meant about the gold print around their necks (what do we call these?   ??? they are not collars but an edging sort of, needled together  :P

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:27 »
....I can see Geobra now scrapping their plans for a Chinese theme and saying, "We can't equal cheng's work, let's just give up!"

thanks guys! ;)
...and NOOOOO....my chinese kungfu shoes and the thin PVC hats are only temporary and like mike says, I'm sure they will one day make a Chinese Fi?ure (Fisherman/rickshaw-puller/labourer)with this hat if not launch a whole new Chinese Theme :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:49 »
adding this photo to more clearly explain what I meant about the gold print around their necks (what do we call these?   ??? they are not collars but an edging sort of, needled together  :P

"Edging" sounds good, or "trim".
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:42 »
"Edging" sounds good, or "trim".

thanks Gordon....perhaps 'trim' is a better word then, especially if its a broad/wide trim ;) 

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:18 »
Excellent job, Cheng! Once again, the way you enhance the details of basic clickies is impressive.

I can see Geobra now scrapping their plans for a Chinese theme and saying, "We can't equal cheng's work, let's just give up!"
More like "We can't equal cheng's work, let's just copy it!"  ;D
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 12:16:23 »
They're wonderful again, cheng! I wonder if you would make a diorama/ battlefield with all your chinese soldiers how it would look like..  And if Geobra ever goes oriental, they should hire you as a creative director!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]