Author Topic: The new West sets, in 360 degrees  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
The new West sets, in 360 degrees
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:56:06 »
Hello guys. :wave:

You can see here at these links the new West sets from the back side, in 360 degrees.

Goldmine 5246.

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Detail?pid=5246&cgid=Western

Fort "Brave" 5245.

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Detail?pid=5245&cgid=Western

Friendly George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: The new West sets, in 360 degrees
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:22:24 »
wow! thanks a lot! I love the fort and the goldmine!
It seems the guy in the goldmine holding the tnt has a new kind of beard  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:22 »
Thank you for these links, George!  :)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:41:09 »
Thanks George.
Neat stuff! :)9 :cowboy:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 13:05:38 »
Wow, they look great! :love: You can see the indian camp 360 too. And I see they have improved their 360 viewer. Much easier to use now!

---edit----

Oh, and you can see this one, too. http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Detail?pid=5249&cgid=Western It's a really ingenious design, the way the extra cannonballs fit in that wagon where you can't see the shaft.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 13:11:52 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 13:52:15 »
Some of these new sets look quite cool! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 14:07:28 »
Not really a fan of how open the building inside the fort is, the uniforms of the soldiers and some of the new indian models just look a bit odd for playmobil. Furthermore theres some really great sets there though.

I'd probably get the covered wagon and the bandits, perhaps the child Indians too.  :)
Not really looking to put up a big western theme. Right now I got some indians and gold seekers, so I am going to stick with things that expand on that.

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 14:21:25 »
The mine is a very nice set  :clap: :clap:

But the fort... it looks like those cheap plastic forts we used to laugh with because the indians could easily jump over the walls. For cost reasons the walls of this fort are very low, same happens with the castles, nothing impressive about them.  :( :( :( The overall building further lacks the soul of the former forts Randall, Bravo,...  :( :( :(

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 15:28:01 »
Definatly, seems like its better to get an old fort online than this new one if you dont have a fort yet.  :(

Might not have been bad if they for once would NOT release a fort with a western batch, they release one every western batch it seems while the theme has so much more range. I'd gues its an easy choice as the big set of a western theme, but a western train, ranch or larger indian village could work just as well.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 18:55:19 »
Thanks for the updates, George. :)

Now that we have a better view of the upcoming sets, I'm really liking the Indians, civilians, and, with some customization, the soldiers.  I'll be picking up most of the Indian and civilian sets and multiple Add-Ons.

The disappointment for me are the fort and artillery sets.  The fort looks cheap and Fisher-Price-like; the previous Steck and System X forts are far superior.  As for the artillery set, the cannon looks disproportionate and not like any real cannon.  I really wish they'd go back to the original shooting cannon and limber.  It was really perfect.  If they wanted to jazz it up they could make it bronze and keep the light blue and yellow paint theme.  Overall, these new military sets look like they're geared toward younger children, which I guess is where the market has gone since most older children prefer video games to toys.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: