Author Topic: Playmobil collector catalogus  (Read 5496 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil collector catalogus
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 15:10:42 »
Hmm, I think I'll wait until the next release, if there is one. And while I understand the book contains a huge amount of sets, it does seem like the pictures are tiny. I would buy a book only on the themes I like with giant pictures for the same price. :lol:

Yes, smallish pics, that's true.. And not complete... Still.. I like it, though I don't really use it.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 19:46:17 »
Hmm, I think I'll wait until the next release, if there is one. And while I understand the book contains a huge amount of sets, it does seem like the pictures are tiny. I would buy a book only on the themes I like with giant pictures for the same price. :lol:

Now there is a idea I like. Theme oriented larger books with big pictures. Then you could buy only the themes you wanted and have large images to enjoy, after all its the pictures that make the book interesting, at least to me. The rarity and all is of no value, I just like looking at all the beautiful sets.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 10:14:33 »
The rarity and all is of no value, I just like looking at all the beautiful sets.

I never figured out how's the rarity "calculated"...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 15:55:52 »
I never figured out how's the rarity "calculated"...

I too have never figured it out. I find some reason and logic and then I come across a group of sets that kills the theory. He (Axel i think) must have used some sort of formula like county distribution, production quantities, maybe even availability on the used market, things like these to determin the "Rarity"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 16:15:54 »
I think it's a very good effort but I agree that the pictures are too small to be of much use. I would rather there were bigger pictures of the standard, general release sets ... and less of the country-specific sets. What would be great would be to have decent sized pictures of the back of the boxes, showing the contents of each set. It would be handy to check what's missing in a particular set you own. Playmodb and Collectobil are great and very very useful but the picture scan quality is rather poor. I know the bigger the picture, the more space needed and bandwith etc, but it would be nice.

As for the rarity system, Id really love to know how it was worked out. According to the book (if I remember correctly) the 3626 set is rarer than the 3627 one, which is hardly the case.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 17:35:06 »
This rarity system is full of mistakes and i am surprised it hasnt been edited yet in 3 editions so far !!! hopefully the next one if there is going to be one will be improved and not just a few years sets added . I agree also bigger pictures is a must
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: