Author Topic: Medieval Church  (Read 5904 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Medieval Church
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 21:06:13 »
Didn't someone get in trouble before for nailing a klicky Jesus to a cross? In trouble with Geobra, I mean? It may have been the heat bending that was the issue.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 21:40:48 »
It was someone on Klicywelt, but I think he made several religious sceneries and dioramas.

Btw, it shouldn't necessarily be a klicky fulfilling the role of "Jesus on the cross", you could use an old crucifix with a sculpted Jesus on it, I'm sure there are such ones that would be appropriate in size.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 22:10:12 »
I thought that's what you were getting at. ;) I don't think they had icons like that so much in Medieval churches (mostly for the costs) though, and I think it looks great without it!
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 00:35:09 »
To me the church seems more protestant than Catholic and I dont believe jesus is depicted on the cross too often in a protestant church. At least not any of the protestant churches I have visited.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 05:12:09 »
I thought that's what you were getting at. ;) I don't think they had icons like that so much in Medieval churches (mostly for the costs) though, and I think it looks great without it!

In medieval times would it be much cheaper to just nail up a peasant and change it weekly  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 15:15:23 »
In medieval times would it be much cheaper to just nail up a peasant and change it weekly  :P
:lol: Probably.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 08:36:19 »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(and even more gruesome!)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 06:23:41 »
If it is supposed to be a prostestant church, then it is fine like it is.   :yup:
It is a great custom-work, I'm just used to see Jesus on the cross in our churches.

In Belgium most people are Catholic and we have a lot of medieval churches left, most of the big crucifixes have a sculpted Jesus on it. You know, during the Reformation (the big Schism in Christianity) sculptures and paintings and such of religious figures were destroyed by the Reformists. That is why you usually don't see them in Protestant churches.

:lmao: :omg:  :lol:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:39 »
Let's drop this discussion now guys, and get back to the original topic.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hituro

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 22:50:38 »
I don't think I ever nailed any Klickies to crosses, at least I didn't post them if I did, so it wasn't me :)

Very nice church though, I really like what you did with the transcepts, though they would be nicer with arches in them than doors I think.