Author Topic: Less than Victorian-perfect vacations  (Read 2305 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Less than Victorian-perfect vacations
« on: February 25, 2012, 23:16:20 »
This is based on a true story    :lol:

The first three days it rained non stop. When it finally stopped and some shy sun came out the wind was so strong we couldn’t have anything done. It made everything  go flying.

At some point the wind was so strong that we almost lost a couple of important things: the boat, the dog (that one was no props) some hats and stuff, but most importantly the Countess’ dress. Thankfully she wasn’t wearing it!
That’s where we found Becky… “I shouldn’t have eaten those beans” was the first thing she said. “They made me ga…. lighter”

I was attacked and almost killed by a giant dog

This is a shot of our filming set, gotten by our late, I mean last producer. That’s supposed to be a Mansion.
Do you understand why I had to kill fire the producer?

Finally I leave you with some shots in-character that might, or might not, make it to the final version of the play.
Enjoy!

:wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Less than Victorian-perfect vacations
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 00:48:07 »
Gaston, this was an awesome story documentary! Such a great way to tell about the horrible experience! I laughed out loud at the klickys' hotel. :lol: :lol: :lol: Doesn't look comfortable to say the least. :no: And the shots of everything being blown in the wind were AMAZING! And the shots that may make the story are beautiful. :love:

So how much of the story is true? Not the shared bathroom part, I hope!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:10 »
:lol: This is funny, indeed! I hope that none of them were actually hurt through this project! And I look forward to seeing the final version; the last picture with the Sun in the background was nice!
~Pynedor~

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:52:21 »
So how much of the story is true? Not the shared bathroom part, I hope!

:lol:
Well.... the weather part is REAL.... it was horrible. We were there 6 days and had only one perfect sunny MORNING. The rest was rain and wind or cloudy days. It was fun being with the whole family though. We didn't go to a hotel. We went to our beach house which is big but it is being remodeled so there were only 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms available for use and we were six people! My parents took the master bedroom and the rest of us were pilled up in the other room :lol: It was like being a kid again. I really enjoyed it.

Another true part is the dog's.  :lol:
My sister's dog went crazy, he knows me since he is 2 months old and always loved me but this week he was barking and showing his teeth to me all the time. For some seconds he would move his tail and lick my hands to ask for food and then GRRRRR again. It was funny. My sister said he wanted to play...  ::) I doubt it.  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:19 »
Sorry if your holiday hasn't been all you expected Gaston, but it sounds as though you had a good time with your family anyway.
The story is wonderful, so funny and your shots of the windy day were marvellous, especially the maid's apron blowing over her head and the pizza guy's beard blowing away  :lol:
Are you back home now? if not, hope you have a good journey home.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 02:14:51 »
That sounds crazy and terrible and awfully fun all at the same time! It's nice having the whole family together every now and then. Think how much fun it will be once your sister starts having kids! Btw, my dog kind of attacks my brother, too. She doesn't growl, but she jumps on him and mouths him like crazy every time she sees him, not hard, but not exactly playing, either. I think she's trying to train him. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:41:51 »
Great little story, Love  :love: the windy day shots, so well done!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:19:52 »
Such a great sequence of photos, Gaston! Very cleverly done and very fun  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done!!! The in-character photos are beautiful  :love:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 15:40:27 »
Some great shots there :)

The guy catching his beard in the windy one is PRICELESS :D

And I love that dog - he's gorgeous!

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover