Author Topic: Hi again, from Kent, UK  (Read 2489 times)

Offline hipchickmck

• Playmo Pal
Hi again, from Kent, UK
« on: February 25, 2012, 21:03:22 »
Hi, I introduced myself a while back but have been asked to again and it's been a while so here goes:

I'm mum to a couple of primary school children, and I've bought Playmobil sets for them to play with. I like to replace the missing pieces which my autistic son likes to chew so my daughter can enjoy it too!  I grew up with Playmobil - a new set was a total luxury. I think my kids are spoilt rotten with a whole zoo, hospital, lots of helicopters and a pirate ship. 

I'm not a fan of the new style of splitting the sets in to Boys and Girls - why not leave them just as 'kids toys' and let the parents/children choose instead? Who says fairytale castles are just for girls - and who says police sets are just for boys? As long as my kids don't see the packaging they are delighted with either. If they spot the box they get fussy if it's not the right gender badge for them.

I sell Lego parts and Lego sets on Bricklink, and would love to set up something similar for Playmobil if there is any interest.

I like the fact that you can get parts direct at good prices from Playmobil (Lego just don't really do this), but there are lots of parts which you can't get there any more. I've also got lots of spare bits which I'm sure someone out there needs! I'd like a straightforward and ordered way to do this, and have lots of ideas.

Selling Lego parts is also a nice way to may an extra £5 a week to supplement my kids toy allowance :)  I'm sure in this tough economic climate we could all use something similar for Playmobil.

Let me know what you think!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hi again, from Kent, UK
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 22:36:45 »
Welcome again from North Yorkshire!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 22:54:04 »
Hello and :welcome: from Louisiana! I think maybe you introduced yourself before at the old Playmoboard, or another forum, since you don't have any posts here before today. But it's great to have you with us now! We look forward to seeing your collection. :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 23:37:08 »
Hi and :welcome: to PlaymoFriends from Washington State!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 00:06:37 »
Hello, & :welcome: to our Playmofriends forum from South Carolina USA, hipchickmck!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 21:09:07 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 00:09:06 »
Hi, and welcome from sunny Arizona. :wave:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:05:38 »
Welcome (again)! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:42 »
Hi   :wave:
A warm welcome from Southern Scotland 
Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 04:01:56 »
 :welcome: from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

:wave:

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:50 »
Welcome from Hertfordshire! :wave:

Damo :)