Author Topic: Female customs I used for Valentines pics  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Female customs I used for Valentines pics
« on: February 16, 2012, 19:46:22 »
Ok, here's a little close up of some of the FEMALE figures I customized for my latest photo art work - All of them were customs I had planned since a long time ago but never thought where I could use them.

The first one was the arab woman which is a mix of a beduin, bellydancer and Bollywood. I LOVE the Middle East art, architecture, food, music and of course the way they dress. I always have belly dance-like music at my jewelry store and one of the albums I play has this picture on the cover:

that's when I thought that my custom had to have a colorful outfit and outstanding beautiful eyes, like those of muslim women - pic of front and back of figure:

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: Female customs I used for Valentines pics
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 19:52:58 »
Second is the mermaid - playmobil has always made merpeople with PINK or BLUE fins only...since those colors have been overseen I wanted to try with something different, and I thought green would be a neutral and more appropiate color for a mermaid fin- I added a few details onto it so it'd match the torso print design.

I also added shells on her chest (she has a printed pair of shells but I think having some glued make her look more real) and a hair accesory also in the shape of a shell on her hair:

Her hair had to be different too (I didn't want to use the typical hat/crown hair piece here) and I thought this hairdo and color would suit her best.
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 19:57:54 »
Third is the victorian woman from the pic with the Schooner - It's pretty obvious that I used some parts from the Fi?ures S1 - I did switch the head, hair style, and hat though - For this particular pic I added a couple of details to the hat (Gastón, for some reason I thought of you when I made this).

This is her, with her husband (which was also a custom). The feather is painted, matching the color of her collar:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 20:27:46 »
And last but no least one of my favorites - the 2001 Pop Super Star, which was an inspiration from a real MTV performance:

Notice the details on the real outfit (the stones and colors), which all in all seems to be a mix of a jungle-bellydancing outfit. I normally don't like making customs of celebrities but the name of this song was perfect to create a card picture with a contemporary atmosphere.
The legs are from the bikini girl and the boots from a barbarian special (I painted them light brown like the real boots) - both were cut to make the custom.
The hanging pieces of skirt are made of real cloth - silk to be more precise.
The snake is super iconic - I didn't paint it because it was going to peel off when I had the figure grab it.
I painted the bikini top too.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 20:37:58 by Luis »

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 20:35:43 »
Btw I also made an 'exotic backup dancer' version of my avatar for the card, which went a little unnoticed because apparently the sexy pirate version put some shade in him.

As in all my pictures, there was a notorious animal presence - for the 'I'm a slave 4 u" card there was special care of my animals, and my zoo keeping crew took care of them at all times (you can be sure that no animal was hurt during the photo shoot ;D)

Simba: Hey Félix, do you recognize her? I danced with her live on stage!
Félix: I do, papa...it's Gaga before she went nuts! ...right?
Simba: :hmm:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 20:41:03 by Luis »

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 20:42:05 »
That's it for the female figures - there was also a female pirate in the pictures but since I'm going to continue to use her (in photo stories, etc) you'll get more of her eventually. ;)
Cheerios! :wave:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 20:44:07 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :wow: :wow: :wow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great great great, thanks for shwoing Luis!

I love them all!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 20:46:28 »
Thanks for the details!

Those are great customs :)

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 22:58:13 »
those are amazing. thank you for sharing!
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 00:13:20 »
The Britney one looks really good! Very good likeness, and so sparkly and pretty! I really like the mermaid too. Green was a very good choice, and the sparkles really tie it in. I had been thinking about adding shells like that too. It looks really good!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.