Author Topic: The party is growing ...  (Read 12341 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: The party is growing ...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 19:04:31 »
Just realised that if Jochen is quick off the mark he could have my Avatar in his collection before I have him up and running..

Hm, if you mean the one suggest by Gordon, I can make you calm down, because this seems to be a more complex one for which I actually need some time.  :-[

But anyway, I'm excited what you will bring up as your "mini-me".

okay - I might not be the most posting member ... but then again; my Avatar isn't that hard to make .. is it ???

I wanna see me and me and ... oh never mind - there are much more interesting avatars, I agree to that  ;)

Don't mind about the posting counts, and I think you're right that it doesn't seem to be that difficult. The "problem" I have with it is, that the image is quite small (respectively the shown figure) and I can't determine which parts are need. (And I must admit, that I'm not one of the members who have an endless supply on spare parts, especially from the ancient times -- I more in modern times. So it for sure takes time for me to collect the single parts  :-[)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 21:10:15 »
Hi Jochen

I have decided to go with Gordons offering (swapping him for a firefighter surprise surprise) I Figured that if somebody was kind enough to suggest a avatar who am i to turn him down

Craig

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 05:35:51 »
I have decided to go with Gordons offering (swapping him for a firefighter surprise surprise) I Figured that if somebody was kind enough to suggest a avatar who am i to turn him down

:-\ Ups, ok, well. Then maybe Gordon can provide me an incridients list for this piece (especiall the bend arm will be a challenge) ... I assume 3936 plays an important role for this ... but where are the legs from and the body (I assume the body is from the freighter ship captain), arms with white hands? What about the medals? They look quite perfect; are these painted? Where is the white cuff from?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:02:38 by Little Jo »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 06:06:12 »
:-\ Ups, ok, well. Then maybe Gordon can provide me an incridients list for this piece (especiall the bend arm will be a challenge) ... I assume 3936 plays an important role for this ... but where are the legs from and the body (I assume the body is from the freighter ship captain), arms with white hands? What about the medals? They look quite perfect; are these painted? Where is the white cuff from?

I'll get back to you with the answers and also do some extra photos before I send the figure to Craig.  Some bits I can let you have where I have them.  We go away early next week, so it will be some time before you hear from me.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 21:52:06 »

Hi Gordon and as he is not due at the Fire Station / House for a little while my swoppet has got him self a little building job on mrs Pugh's new kitchen.

Regards
Craig

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 06:25:39 »
'cause it's rather quiet on the board  ;), I just want let you participate on the progress I made with the avatar collection, i.e. the subject of this thread is still valid: the party is growing (and to be honest, I'm rather surprised by myself how constantly it is actually growing).

Attached you can see a photo of the current status as is by today morning.

At the bottom on the shelf left-hand side you can see the finished ones. Not all has been posted to the photo album avatar gallery so far, because I'm waiting on the answers of three owners for allowance.
The group of four right beside are nearly finished ones -- for pastifi's different legs are needed, the admiral misses his medals (and what not can be seen here: the correct hat  ;)), and Sir Gareth and polylerus are missing their cloaks. (The right edge of the bottom shelf shows some "historical" figures ;D)

The left half of the second bottom shelf is the "heavy-in-construction-section". From left to right you can "see"  ;D Richard's variant 2 (sorry Richard, still haven't manged to finish your shoes variant  :-[ but it will come, promissed), hadoque, the Nightmareman Tim (which still has to be adapted to the recent changes), the very single accessiors for Maddy (the flower) and Knightmo (the sword) ;D and the very basic "skeleton" for Deadeye Dick -- the next both figures do not belong to the avatar collection and are placed by incident there; they are Funpark Shop assistents in their "winter jacket".

Some others are not shown here but already in planning: Parts of CountBogro are still in the DirectService ordering process, Queen Candy and Mawson is on my next DS ordering list, Jettix2 stucks in an eBay transaction, and Dan in my personal brainstorming phase (how I can build it  ???).

Oh, and not to forget to mention at the top of the showcase the "big ones".

The rest of the showcase is irrelevant to this topic and is just inbetween because I want to show the top and the bottom of this display
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:35:08 by Little Jo »

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 14:56:08 »
Hi Jochen

Its looking great so far. I have also been quiet for a while with work and shifting things on ebay. Got to pay for my collection one way or another.

Its my day off today (as I work Saturday's) but unfortunately I have to mind my wifes Tile shop in Twickenham. But I dont mind as there is a great little toy shop opposite so have just invested in a 4470 harbour crane. Now my only problem is how to sneak it home without her noticing

Regards
Craig
PS Will try and put my Avatar up tonight

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 15:21:14 »
Things are going well, Jochen.  Thanks for keeping us uptodate. 

There seems to be two of me, btw.  Is that so?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 17:32:43 »
There seems to be two of me, btw.  Is that so?

Yes indeed, well observed!

You mentioned to me some time ago, that you have still the old firefighter variant as your avatar, but you're planning (or already finished?) a modern variant too. So I wanted to be prepared  ;D For the board topics I'm using the current variant standing at the bottom shelf, but for the special "Gordon" photo story (which I already had announced some time ago and which I still owe you  :-[) I'm planning to use the modern one, if you don't mind (altough it wouldn't make any difference, because the story does not focus on the suit ;))

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 17:35:53 »
Uh, BTW I should post an update here, because in the meantime the party was growing again ... the bottom shelf becomes narrow ...