Author Topic: Problem exchanging head figures and normal klicky  (Read 4289 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Problem exchanging head figures and normal klicky
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:05 »
I was busy with my playmo customizing some heads, arms and legs around. Suddenly I noticed one of the klicky's head seemed not klicked in well. I checked if it was and it was, then i realised it was the head of a figures klicky! (Maybe this was already mentioned in another thread but I couldn't find it)

Let me show some pictures. (BTW the first time I noticed the problem it was with another figurs klicky then this cavewoman)

Left one, normal cavewoman.......right one, figures cavewoman

Heads exchanged (notice the big space in the neck)

At the klicky above you now see even beter how much space is left.

Has anybody else faced this before? Maybe someone can check this with  his/her klicky's to rule out coincidence.  ??? ???
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Problem exchanging head figures and normal klicky
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:17:20 »
that must be because the squeleton of the fi?ures is different from the normal one, where the neck clicks. This makes figures snap appart more easily.  :hmm: not usre though, I haven't tried.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:32:32 »
I thought so too, but at first sight they do look alike, apart from the color. Besides a normal head in the grey skeleton does not have that problem. It's loose but stil not that gap between head and torso.

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 03:40:30 »
Have you tried keeping the grey skeleton together with that head and just switching the torso? That would resolve it if it's the skeleton that's the issue

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:13 »
I've traded around... but not sure we have a normal frame with a figure head.. the opposite we do for sure..

Didn't notice anything.. Did you try with a different head/frame? In case it's just an abnormal one?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:40:57 »
Take a f?igure head and a normal head. Notice the f?gure head is curved at the point where its should be sharp to meat the chassis...thats the point where the head is meant to find resistance on the chassis so it cannot be removed easily. The curved design on the base of the neck and on the chassis of the f?gure is opposed to the sharp corners of the normal head and chassis.

If you put a f?gure head in a normal chassis this gap will appear, or the head will be too loose, because there are no sharp edges to keep it in place.

From left to right:
a f?igure head in a f?gure chassis / a regular head in a regula chassis/ a regular head in a f?igure chassis / a f?igure head in a regular chassis

It seems that a regular head fits the f?gure chassis very well, but not the opposite...
You're able to tell the difference between a f?gure head and a regular head from the small triangle at the back of the f?gure head  ;)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:17:25 »
Fantastic Panos! That's it!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 11:59:18 »
Fantastic Panos! That's it!!
When PM meets science! ;D
Life in the so called space age...

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 14:22:02 »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Thank you Panos!

And the others of course for thinking.

Problem solved. When customizing figures with normal klicky, do not only change the heads, you have to change the head along with the corresponding skeleton.

Now I see clearly at this picture the difference in shape.
(Left figures             right normal)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 14:39:42 »
thanks for sharing, WK & conniefrere!

I hadnt noticed this...maybe its because speedodad's blue internal skeleton is able to hold his Fi?ure's head very snugly...he's been wearing the freckled head from the Fi?ures cavewoman since day one. (just look at any of my speedodad photos)