Author Topic: PM USA Update!  (Read 14055 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: PM USA Update!
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2012, 04:21:21 »
I'm pretty sure that one isn't come to the USA. :(
the plastic used to produce this guy is inferior comparing to other sets..... :-\

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:18 »
I find the $3.49 specials to be a bargain. Especially when blisters at TRU are $4.99.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2012, 05:35:16 »
I find the $3.49 specials to be a bargain. Especially when blisters at TRU are $4.99.
Yes....so it is probably the blister that is underpriced!!!

Dont know how long we have to wait to get them here :-[

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2012, 14:19:57 »
PM pricing can be very confusing. If you compare PM German pricing with their US pricing, it is clear that they are not related. So I don't think we can use German prices to estimate what US prices will be.

And the items marked down on the German site may just have arrived on their US site, like the 123 airport bus. I also noticed that the Grand Mansion (5302) and all of the 5302 sets (except for the dining room) are now marked down on the German site. It would be very difficult for PM to sell its products in the US at the German prices because there is so much competition from lower priced products in TRU.

I would hate to have the job of pricing PM everywhere! ::) ::) ::)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2012, 15:56:04 »
the plastic used to produce this guy is inferior comparing to other sets..... :-\

Inferior plastic?  Have I missed something?  He looks like every other special to me.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2012, 03:02:42 »
Has anyone tried to order something from playmobil US in the last 2 days? I placed several orders last week (> $50) and received  a free gift (special) since the order was more than $40.
Yesterday and today, there was no free gift visible (usually they have showed a picture of the gift AND it was also on the final checkout list. It was mentioned in the basket "increase your order by $... and receive a free gift"... but not anymore...

I wonder whether it is only temporary or if they put my account on a black list ... (Well, spending > $250 but having it split in 5 orders could mean more work for them ... but I wanted the 5 free gifts...)

Cheers,
HDL

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2012, 11:38:23 »
I think it must be your account Lukas. I tried and it had the option of adding more money to get the free gift. I also tried to order some knight carry cases and they had only 5 left in stock.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 07:10:39 »
I placed two orders, each totaling a little over $50, over the weekend and did not receive any notification of a bonus in my shopping cart upon checkout.  I was really hoping for the Arab Specials, as I can use those, but now I'm wondering if I'll receive any bonus sets whatsoever, as today I placed another order totaling a little over $50 and saw the farm game appear as the bonus in my shopping cart.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2012, 02:51:15 »
I placed two orders, each totaling a little over $50, over the weekend and did not receive any notification of a bonus in my shopping cart upon checkout.  I was really hoping for the Arab Specials, as I can use those, but now I'm wondering if I'll receive any bonus sets whatsoever, as today I placed another order totaling a little over $50 and saw the farm game appear as the bonus in my shopping cart.

Same happened to me - except I refrained from ordering on the weekend since no bonus visible.

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2012, 13:24:27 »
What is the farm game?
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA