Author Topic: German DS Flyer Dez.2011  (Read 4606 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: German DS Flyer Dez.2011
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 21:57:49 »
The fact I rediscoverd playmobil..... >:( >:( >:(

Now I see these indians and I want those too.... And all the western i can find.... 8-) :-[

:lol: :lol:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 22:41:38 »
oh…and the polar bear family is 50% off .i think 4.99  - just if someone wants to build an army for the modern war  :P

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 08:31:25 »
Thanks for the close up René! As I suspected the horse has a brand new saddle with rear harness! Cooooool!!
A.

Yes. And there are three different types of shield in the set ... but not one of them is an Egyptian type (which people like you have been using so successfully in your customs).

The two dark figures are pretty. The orange one less so. I don't like the mounted knight/halberd combo. And as I said elsewhere, the base is an utter waste of plastic. I wouldd have been tempted to buy another one of these, but 20 euro is too expensive for those 3 klickies, and I wouldnt know what to do with another base.

And not even gonna go into the inanity of the cannons.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:38:34 »
The two dark figures are pretty. The orange one less so. I don't like the mounted knight/halberd combo. And as I said elsewhere, the base is an utter waste of plastic. I wouldd have been tempted to buy another one of these, but 20 euro is too expensive for those 3 klickies, and I wouldnt know what to do with another base.

And not even gonna go into the inanity of the cannons.

Agree. I wanted the klickys with "equipment"... But the base.. meh. And the cannons.. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but I think cannons with knights suck. All the ones we got so far will be sent to the pirates.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:56 »
And one last thing ... I think now I can safely say that the bucket helm on the mounted knight (also seen on the last crusader) is one of the ugliest helmets ever released by playmobil. It just doesn't work. esp when paired with a feather or feather-like accessory.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:55:45 »
I don't really like most HUGE helmets.. Klickys already have a ... large head. With those huge helmets.. well... Besides, it hides their gorgeous faces!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 12:58:47 »
I don't mind great helms if theyre done properly - there are some really pretty customs out there if you see what I mean. But this one, it's a bit half-assed (ass as in donkey ... just in case I get told off for saying that  ;D)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 16:08:23 »
Thanks for sharing. I actually like the helmets but that wing feather looking thing on top of it has to go. I think the swivel cannon is cool but not with knights!  These cannons would look cool mounted on top of a prison fortress.

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 18:00:51 »
…the knight set is not very good i think. it cost very much ( 20€ ) and just the knights might be interesting. i think the whole stoney-canon-tree thing is a waste of plastic and not very creative.

another thing that is really not well done is the design of the box. all products are in a total wrong perspective to the background. it just looks like a photoshop beginner did it. looking at the old boxes make me think : where is the evolution in the pics ? seems to go from "wow so nice" to "hmmm.okay" . it seems that every box is getting worse. sorry but this is not the spirit from the good old days…

the penguin set is making sense with the glass windows etc. this one i like a lot more.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 18:05:12 »
…the knight set is not very good i think. it cost very much ( 20€ ) and just the knights might be interesting. i think the whole stoney-canon-tree thing is a waste of plastic and not very creative. ...

Still ... those Eagle Knights are awesomely good. I really would love to see some more sets with them...
... and then dusk came and brought despair.