Author Topic: Target Comes To Canuckistan!  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Target Comes To Canuckistan!
« on: January 14, 2011, 15:11:37 »
Looks like Zellers is no more and the long held speculation that Target would take over Zellers in Canada has become a reality.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/target-snags-zellers-stores-for-18-billion/article1868308/

I guess now it will just be a matter of time to see which stores will stay open and then if Target will carry Playmobil by that time because when one does a search now for Playmobil at Target.com there is precisely ZERO (0) Playmobil toys that come up ...

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=playmobil&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
Re: Target Comes To Canuckistan!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 15:15:42 »
I know where I live only certain stores carry playmo and the ones that do carry very little. :(

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 16:40:18 »
That's not fair!  Target comes to Canada and they're not carrying Playmobil anymore??? I hope they will at least being having some for the xmas season.

And Toys R Us only carries a selection of what is available south of the border.  I was really hoping that they would stock all of their "exclusives" - not just a few.

We have to get some (playmobil) benefits from having all of these foreign corporations taking over our counrty!

David

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 16:54:53 »
Hi

Target stores in the US used to carry a small selection of Playmobil. It never really amounted to a hill of beans but they did get what seemed like exclusives and the prices were unbeatable. Then there was a food war amongst those big corporate stores and Target decided to delve into the waters as well. The stores had to reorganize to accommodate a large food area while not expanding the square footage. The result ended in the other departments having to shave off 25% of their space. The toy department had to give somewhere so unfortunately for all of us the Playmobil line was dropped all together. Any Target store I go to that has a fresh food area will inevitably not have any Playmobil. I have visited stores that have only been built in the last few years and the same holds true. This is how it was explained to me from Target personnel.

I would have liked to know why Playmobil was dropped and not some of the other low quality brands and it would appear even the Lego brand was expanded? To me the brand seemed to sell well but I do not have access to the real #'s that matter.  Seeing as this is a tight margin corp. I can only speculate the relationship between them was not too Targets liking. only guessing who knows maybe Playmobil did not like Targets input into their company ??

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 17:00:29 »
My Target stopped carrying playmobil about last summer.  What really sucks is the aisle it used to be in could easily accomodate some product and it would be alot better than the junk that's there now.