Author Topic: Target Fall 2010  (Read 11968 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: Target Fall 2010
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 03:13:51 »
I have visited the Target near where I live and they have ZERO Playmobil!  :o  :'( I know Target doesn't have much playmobil, but some of their special exclusive sets are very nice.

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 03:34:22 »
Sure am - not only that, but Tim's supplied me with the box-backs, instructions, and inventories to post them all in their entirety.  PlaymoDB List - African Target Exclusives! Almost no new parts in these sets, but the male ostrich now has a number.

:)9

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 15:02:04 »
I visited another Target near me (Boston, South Bay Shopping Center) and they also did not have any Playmobil and there was not any shelf space set aside for it.  I am hoping that even if some Target stores are not getting any Playmobil now that, at least, they may have it for the Christmas season.   :crossed:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2010, 15:45:42 »
Hi

It would be nice if there was a way to find out which stores are going to continue carrying it stores. I travel to visit my Father over 100 and must pass at least  a dozen stores. I do not want to stop at each one and when you call the clerks never seem to know what the heck Playmobil even is. There is the "Find It In a Store" option on the web site but it is not updated . The only item with this link is the Chinese fire truck and that is out of stock up to 50 miles away. 

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2010, 16:46:14 »
Hi

It would be nice if there was a way to find out which stores are going to continue carrying it stores. I travel to visit my Father over 100 and must pass at least  a dozen stores. I do not want to stop at each one and when you call the clerks never seem to know what the heck Playmobil even is. There is the "Find It In a Store" option on the web site but it is not updated . The only item with this link is the Chinese fire truck and that is out of stock up to 50 miles away. 

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

If you look up all the stores on your route you could call them to ask. If they say they do not carry Playmobil anymore you can say "Thank you, then I need never visit your store again."

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2010, 16:51:17 »
AT the store here the Playmobil was not in the LEGO aisle any more it was around the corner in the next aisle over. So be sure to check all of the toy aisles when you stop in just to be sure.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2010, 17:46:22 »
Hi

Thanks for the tips Martin & Tim. I like the idea of the call it would be great if it had a little more bite to it rater than just falling on deaf/insignificant ears. If it was logged into a central database or maybe if I write a letter. I hear that if a person takes the time, effort, expense & commitment to write one large companies actually try to read them as apposed to emails . 

I did not like the year they put all the Playmobil with the really cheep Chinese disposable toys that one year. When they did move the sets to Legos area I was skeptical if this was a good choice. They seem to attract different clients (in my opinion) and would not stand out for whom they are marketed to.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 00:16:54 »
No Playmo at my first choice store.   I'll check my second choice store in the next few days.  (If they have Playmo there then it will become my first choice store!)

No Playmobil at my second choice store either.   :(
The only Playmobil item that she had in her "inventory checker" was a fire helicopter and it showed that it was discontinued and none in stock.
She also said that all the Target stores in the Puget Sound area are getting the new grocery section.  I wonder if that means that all of the "local" stores have discontinued carrying Playmobil.
Rona MamaDragon