Author Topic: How often they give you extra pieces?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
How often they give you extra pieces?
« on: July 06, 2010, 04:47:19 »
Just went down to the store in the shopping mall during my lunch hour, and after months of waiting finally comes the GAME WARDEN 4559 and some new carrying case, 5890 Knights and other 589X sets.
I opened the small special and noticed they pack in one extra binocular in it.  :wave:

And the carrying set finally is not transparent, and the dragon AXE looks really cool!!!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: How often they give you extra pieces?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:45:07 »
i find extra parts lots of times...usually in bigger sets. Maybe its a mistake in calcultaion, maybe they know that some pieces are lost more easily than others...who knows!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:07:35 »
The most common extra piece I've found has been the cuffs for figures. 

It's strange that extras (or sometimes shortages) occur as each packed set box is weighed after the parts have been put in.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 13:58:11 »
Of the all of the MIB sets I have purchased, I find it very rare to have extra or shortages of parts. 99% of the time they are as they should be.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 15:10:35 »
Like Gordon said, occasionally an extra cuff or two, maybe a pistol, never anything big.

With tiny plastic bits it wouldn't be worth unpacking everything to retrieve a cuff.

What I wonder at is the bagging process. Unlike Lego, where bags are numbered and all the parts for a particular step ate together, you often have to open several bags to get even one part of a set assembled. Presumably this is linked to the weighing process, or maybe the different parts come from different areas of the factory.