Author Topic: Restoring colour to rock base  (Read 2453 times)

Offline linda60

• Playmo Pal
Restoring colour to rock base
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:50:04 »
Hi,can anyone help with advice on restoring the colour to the rocks on bases that have faded especialy the dark grey ones,all ideas gratefuly accepted,thank you.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Restoring colour to rock base
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:14 »
I haven't tried restoring the colour but I did try respraying some grey rocks but it didn't look good.  If nothing can be done, maybe you just have to accept them as they are and think of it as the natural effects of sunlight (which it is) just as climate can affect the colour of real rocks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:34 »
The original color will never come back...these are sunlight problems...As playmofire has pointed out you can try colour spray..but it will have to be one to your liking and also you'll have to wait for results that might not be entirely what you wanted in the begining...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 13:33:04 »
The original color will never come back...these are sunlight problems...

What a coincidence !! iwas just saying that in another thread  ( abour respraying armour by Wolf Knight about the effects of sunlight on playmobil especially rock formations plastic and shiny armour !!!!!!  Playmoibis aint sun friendly !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 14:25:20 »
What a coincidence !! iwas just saying that in another thread  ( abour respraying armour by Wolf Knight about the effects of sunlight on playmobil especially rock formations plastic and shiny armour !!!!!!  Playmoibis aint sun friendly !!!

There simply is not that much sun here in germany.  :-\  ;)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 14:38:12 »
There simply is not that much sun here in germany.  :-\  ;)

best,
socrates

Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline linda60

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 17:37:36 »
Thanks for replies,I have just tried some Black Diamond that I had left over that is used to restore the black on car bumpers and it has worked quite well not as good as new but defineatly better and it allows the natural look to come through,I think this is only OK for the darker rocks though.Wish I had taken some pics before and after didn't think untill it was to late.