Author Topic: WINTER OLYMPICS  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: WINTER OLYMPICS
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 23:19:03 »

Well that is interesting, the "old man" and I share the same retirement theory  :lol: It is called the "Big Retirement" or the "Final Retirement"  0)

How many offspring are there?

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Ras, I believe that the "old man" only has two sons. However, I think that I remember hearing that neither of them are interested or capable of running the business.

All the best,
Richard

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 23:22:18 »
everyone misses an "obvious" idea sometime.
geobra missed 19 olympic games so far.
... and maybe it can be said that all of you, my friends, missed the opportunity to make a suggestion to link a possible olympic playmo-theme with the birth of an ANCIENT GREECE theme.
  ;)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 07:13:46 »
... and maybe it can be said that all of you, my friends, missed the opportunity to make a suggestion to link a possible olympic playmo-theme with the birth of an ANCIENT GREECE theme.  ;)

Ah, yes.  But then we run into the "naked klicky" problem.   :D
Rona MamaDragon

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 18:24:48 »
Oh my my my my my.... :(
I did not realise the state that the Playmobil company is in!!!
I hope that it does not collapse or someone else buys Playmobil and changes it for the worse...
Maybe if we all banded together between all of use we could buy it, and change it how we want! >:D
Alas... wishful thinking... :'(
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 00:25:20 »
Hello

I wonder what it is worth separated from all the other companies

I do not know what year this was but an online dictionary said this.

"Brandstätter Group (Geobra Brandstätter GmbH & Co KG) is a German company, headquartered in Zirndorf. The group is composed of toy company Playmobil, Playmobil 1.2.3 Ltd, Inmold Ltd, Hob Electronics Ltd, Hob Components Ltd, HOB Inc., HOB GmbH & Co KG, and Hob Software Ltd."

If you take their stats off Playmobil in 07' it was 427 Mio. €, with a growth of 6%. in 08' it made 452 Mio. €. If things continued @ 6% in 2013 it will grow to 604 € or $823 mil.

Now if you were selling something generating $823 million dollars a year you going to want a fat cat check

Now things do not have to look as bad as they seem. Production would go to China or whom ever is cheapest w/ quality control. There is sure a large part of the market untapped. Who knows it may just open up a lot of distribution business in the US  :prays: The reps might even be reborn. Maybe the German Government should buy up the company to keep production there ? The US just bought GM. Or a white night billionaire who always played with them and wants to bring back all the old classic sets  :o

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Sorry I just realized where this is and how off topic it is  :-[
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 00:36:26 »

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Sorry I just realized where this is and how off topic it is  :-[

It's OK, Ras ... the Winter Olympics are over! ...  :**: