Author Topic: Heavy duty rescue gear for 4821 fire engine  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Heavy duty rescue gear for 4821 fire engine
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 19:18:14 »
Hello Gordon and Bill :wave:,

Excellent custom rescue tool's and an ingenious adaption of old and new in Gordon's design. I am looking forward to seeing the new hydraulic cutters. I couldn't help but notice the discussion surrounding my heavy duty rescue tools. I happen to pop in from time to time but I haven't had the spare time to post any new developments. I must admit I hadn't noticed the error in my original design, its always easier to adapt or improve on something than to come up with the original idea. I am impressed with how you have improved the original idea Bill, thank you for the mention. I am currently working on my own improvement to make the tool cut but I am stuck on one thing, will the cutting blade I am developing be sharp enough ;) ?

Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 19:23:39 »

Excellent custom rescue tool's and an ingenious adaption of old and new in Gordon's design. I am looking forward to seeing the new hydraulic cutters. I couldn't help but notice the discussion surrounding my heavy duty rescue tools. I happen to pop in from time to time but I haven't had the spare time to post any new developments. I must admit I hadn't noticed the error in my original design, its always easier to adapt or improve on something than to come up with the original idea. I am impressed with how you have improved the original idea Bill, thank you for the mention. I am currently working on my own improvement to make the tool cut but I am stuck on one thing, will the cutting blade I am developing be sharp enough ;) ?

Tim

Thanks for your kind comments, Tim, and it's good to see you back.  I only noticed the problem with your original approach this week, after many times of looking at your custom.

Yours last remark is a cliffhanger! 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 22:29:11 »

I couldn't help but notice the discussion surrounding my heavy duty rescue tools. I happen to pop in from time to time but I haven't had the spare time to post any new developments. I must admit I hadn't noticed the error in my original design, its always easier to adapt or improve on something than to come up with the original idea. I am impressed with how you have improved the original idea Bill, thank you for the mention. I am currently working on my own improvement to make the tool cut but I am stuck on one thing, will the cutting blade I am developing be sharp enough ;) ?
Tim

Hi Tim & Gordon,
First thing to address is, it's great to have your input in this topic again Tim! I was truly in awe of your original designs of the heavy duty cutters, & spreaders, & only was required to make minor adjustments in your design for the ones I manufactured ! A true marvel you originally created, Tim! Well done :wow:! I'm glad to have been able to give you some minor assistance for you to ponder in your orig/mod design tools Gordon! I look forward to everyones future creations & contributions! Give us a taste of your refined design Tim, I'm sure they'll power through anything!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline 2005huysmans

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 17:57:33 »
that's excellent tool