Author Topic: Cancelled Exhibition  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
Cancelled Exhibition
« on: July 09, 2009, 20:20:35 »
If any one was coming to the Porthmadog area this week end and intended going to the Model Railway and Craft Exhibition at Talsarnau run by the Harlech Cubs and Scouts. Sorry but the exhibition has been cancelled.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Cancelled Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:03:07 »
I'm sorry to hear about that, Walt! Was it the victim of the current financial situation?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 20:17:51 »
No Bill I understand four of the displays gave back word that they could not come so the organisers decided to cancel
However Llechwedd Slat Caverns just north of Blaenau Ffestiniog are having a special weekend this weekend on Saturday 11th and Sunday the 12th 10.00 to17.00.
When they knew I was free they asked me to go there, so I have been setting up all afternoon.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 20:21:57 »
Thanks for the update, Walter.  I'm afraid it's going to be the December one at Lytham or Lincoln next year before we can get to any.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:14:01 »
No Bill I understand four of the displays gave back word that they could not come so the organisers decided to cancel
However Llechwedd Slat Caverns just north of Blaenau Ffestiniog are having a special weekend this weekend on Saturday 11th and Sunday the 12th 10.00 to17.00.
When they knew I was free they asked me to go there, so I have been setting up all afternoon.

Please be sure you take a lot of pictures, because it's a little too far away for me to attend, but I sure would like to!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 20:27:50 »
Photos from Llechwedd Slate Caverns of the layout I had there.

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 20:29:33 »
The layout was in the slate splitting shed.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 02:43:28 »
Awesome display Walt  :wow:!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 15:37:59 »
Great photos Walt, thank you! :wave:

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 17:57:45 »
Great display, Walt.  I was looking through the dates you sent me earlier in the year and hope we may be able to get to one or other of the exhibitions planned for Lytham.  If not, then we'll try to get to the Lincoln one in February 2010.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”