Author Topic: Old West Fort & Vikings  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
Old West Fort & Vikings
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:11:20 »
Hmmmm.... as soon as I've opened my eyes on this Sunday, a thought of using an Old West Fort and Vikings, has come to my mind... using only the walls, of course...

Does anyone has used this combo, and if so, there are any pictures available?  :)

I would like a lot to see (as well as the other PlaymoFriends, I guess)  :D

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: Old West Fort & Vikings
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:47:33 »
Funny, I had the exact same thought yesterday as I was going over the RidgeRoad Station website to see what I want to purchase for their 15% off sale!  I think it will work!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:40:17 »
Hi,

This is an idea I've had as well, but lacking either the Vikings' or any of the Old West forts, I've never been able to put it into practice. Bummer.

I know there are folks out there who have used the palisades from the Vikings/Old West in combination with Romans, but I can't recall having seen a set-up specifically populated with Vikings.

I also think it would be possible to incorporate the semi-ruined gate tower from the Barbarians set 4435, which I have got...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 15:00:46 »
I've used many pieces from several older Fort Bravo sets to make both a Roman fort and a Celtic hill fort, which is similar to a walled Viking settlement in many ways.  (I use my Vikings as "barbarians" for my Romans and Welshmen and Scots for my knights.)  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my fort, but I may try to set it up again in the future and if I do I will be sure to post some pictures here.  The older Fort Bravo style fort works better for a rounded palisade while the new System X fort works better for a square one.  I've been thinking of purchasing four Fort Eagles and some extra parts to make a Roman auxiliary fort to complement my System X stone Legionary fortress made from castle pieces.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline peetje

• Playmo Lover
  • peetje
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 13:10:47 »
I use west fort and the vikings fort pieces and the Navy fort.
Nice system x.
I make roman fort from all the pieces.

Peter
Love animals.

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:34:15 »
Klickus Mobilius: it seems like there's some Playmobil thoughts crossing the air and entering people's mind in different corners of the world  :lol:

AndrewL: yes, I think that everything that has a sort of palisade, horizontal wooden trunks, or a roof made of hay, it can server the Vikings or Barbarians  :D

Justindo: Celtic hill fort...wow...that sounds EXTREMELY alluring to me...hope that I can gather some celtic warriors in the future... if in the future you will set up again a similar set (even if with romans), I think that some pictures will be more than welcome to the majority of us  :)

Peter: if you have those sets permanently displayed, whenever you can show some pictures of it....it would be nice  ;)

Offline peetje

• Playmo Lover
  • peetje
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 11:13:05 »
You can see the pictures in mine fotobook.

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/thumbnails.php?album=90

I have more on mine cumputer.
I place them today.

Love animals.