Author Topic: Dallas Trip...delayed  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Dallas Trip...delayed
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:39:44 »
With just 3 days before we're due to fly out, they've decided to postpone the trip.

Anyone who was hoping for me to get them stuff - I'll keep the list, and let you know if/when the trip is re-scheduled (I wouldn't be suprised if it never does come off).

I'll be in Houston for Christmas regardless, so we can review the list then and see if it's still wanted.

As Kelly confirmed with the shops I was likely to visit, very little if anything new was likely to be in the Dallas stores in August, so this may actually work in our favour.

Apart from the Playmobil or lack of it, I'm not bothered, there was going to be very little fun in the trip apart from the opportunity for cheap Playmobil shopping (at least compared to European prices).

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Dallas Trip...delayed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:13:04 »
With just 3 days before we're due to fly out, they've decided to postpone the trip.
I've been wondering when you were ever going to get off the ground.  Thought you left Monday!

Anyone who was hoping for me to get them stuff - I'll keep the list, and let you know if/when the trip is re-scheduled (I wouldn't be suprised if it never does come off).

I could help out a little bit if there were people who wanted one or two small stuff.

Apart from the Playmobil or lack of it, I'm not bothered, there was going to be very little fun in the trip apart from the opportunity for cheap Playmobil shopping (at least compared to European prices).

Rumor has it that overseas business trips are a sort of fool's gold.

When our company sends engineers overseas they wind up working 12 hour days, 6 days a week in a factory in a tiny town with sight-seeing being the walk from the motel to the workplace.

Lessens some of my frustration at never managing to land on the Japan team.

-Tim

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Dallas Trip...delayed
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 13:43:29 »
Rumor has it that overseas business trips are a sort of fool's gold.

When our company sends engineers overseas they wind up working 12 hour days, 6 days a week in a factory in a tiny town with sight-seeing being the walk from the motel to the workplace.

Lessens some of my frustration at never managing to land on the Japan team.

-Tim

Yup, I wasn't really expecting to enjoy it much, apart from the opportunity to shop. Knowing that what I was looking for very likely wasn't going to be available anyway (thanks to Kelly) made the trip that much less interesting.

However I think the trip will probably still occur sometime in the next couple of months, just not yet. We had all the tickets and hotel rooms booked (hope they can get full refunds), I'm guessing they just weren't ready to acutally give us the attention we would require - maybe they discoveerd that half the staff we were going to meet are on holiday or something.

As I'll be in Houston TX (actually Friendswood, but who's counting) for Christmas for a pure pleasure trip, with my wife and visiting inlaws, this one wasn't a big deal to me - more so to those who have never been to the States and/or wanted to stock up on cheap baby clothes (two of our number).