Author Topic: KLICKYWELT CLOSED !!!  (Read 10623 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: KLICKYWELT CLOSED !!!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 04:57:02 »
Which makes me think that some "fights" are good things to forums ... But I still can't figure out so well how come that it ended in threats :hmm: I think I won't try to figure out, anyway.

The number of locked threads on Klickywelt irked me a little.  Even when I couldn't read them very well, I got the impression somebody was hitting the panic button a little too fast.

"Forum" always makes me think about the ancient cities, back in Roman and Greek times, when people went to a square, and debated on general subjects, usually concerning the neighbourhood. In Brasil, we have "reuniões de condomínio", which people in one building use to do, at least once a year, to elect one adm ... Among other things. Noone seems to like them, and many times there are uhm ... lets say that people get passionate about their own requests and demands. Maybe people had tough times in Greek ágorai, too :(

We have this in the USA--they are called "Subdivision Committees".  I'm the president this year of my neighborhood.  It basically amounts to people calling me around 8PM to demand that I fix human nature and restore the Garden of Eden.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 05:54:04 »

All hens on deck!!

This sounds as if you're plotting something foul!  ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 20:36:23 »

"All hens on deck" (Hadoque)
This sounds as if you're plotting something foul!  ;D

That was marvelous, Gordon ...  ;D

I am crying  :'( from laughing so hard ...  :lol:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 21:40:36 »

Perhaps we are both being a bit unkind, Gordon.

Especially if Hadoque hadn't intentionally meant to have a "play on words."

However, I know that my posts in "Babelfish" Spanish, German and French must have given many native speakers of those languages many mirthful moments.

So here's to Hadoque ... :**:

First, our admiration for having the courage to post in English.

Second, our thanks for a good laugh.

And, third our apologies for having fun at your expense (if you really meant "hands" rather than "hens") ... ;)

All the best and please feel free to laugh at me ... anytime,
Richard

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 23:05:55 »
It is back on

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 08:32:35 »
GOOD ...
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 08:47:09 »
Excellent news.  And with a great new old-timer fire engine from grisu112 to show!  Excellent news :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 16:35:07 »
Yes, Disney..euh...Klickyworld is back! Huuraahh!

Perhaps we are both being a bit unkind, Gordon.

Especially if Hadoque hadn't intentionally meant to have a "play on words."

However, I know that my posts in "Babelfish" Spanish, German and French must have given many native speakers of those languages many mirthful moments.

So here's to Hadoque ... :**:

First, our admiration for having the courage to post in English.

Second, our thanks for a good laugh.

And, third our apologies for having fun at your expense (if you really meant "hands" rather than "hens") ... ;)

All the best and please feel free to laugh at me ... anytime,
Richard

No problemo, amigos!  ;)
I don't mind you had a good laugh with what I wrote, I'm even pleased, hehe!  :lol:
When posting I knew 'hens' might be interpreted otherwise ('All chickens on deck' I suppose, as  'hen' is in Dutch (like in English?) a female chicken) but I decided not to alter the word, as that's what 'hands' sounds like when cried out on a ship. The actual phrase in Dutch should be "alle handen aan dek" (handen = hands) , but is shouted/written as "alle hens aan dek"  So I supposed this is the same case in English.
And yes I was plotting on something, Gordon, though not on an egg, hehe  :lol: (let's say my fleet of Louis XIV-warships had gone to alert-level Defcon 2 during the weekend )

Cheers!  :**:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 16:42:30 by hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 17:48:37 »
Hen is indeed a female chicken in English as in Dutch, Hadoque, and in the British navy the call is "All hands on deck!". 

I'm glad you didn't mind my little joke, although having looked at your posts here and on other boards I was pretty certain as your English is so fluent with none of the strange translations you get when using internet translators such as Babelfish, that you had purposely written hens, although I wasn't sure why!

Like Richard, I know other people have had a laugh from some of the internet translations of my posts.  On one German board, "fire investigation unit" was translated as "fire the investigation unit"!

It would have been good to see your fleet in action.