Author Topic: DHL van, 4221 ambulance and 4322 light truck  (Read 5190 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
DHL van, 4221 ambulance and 4322 light truck
« on: May 02, 2008, 16:24:08 »
The 4322 RC compatible light truck is now available in the UK and I'm thinking whether to buy one or not.  I have the DHL van and the new ambulance which share the same cab but are not RC compatible, and I'm concerned that the 4322 may be out of scale compared with these.  Could someone measure the DHL or ambulance cab roof height and compare it with the cab roof height of the 4322, or maybe better still do a front view photo of the 4322 and one of the others side by side, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: DHL van, 4221 ambulance and 4322 light truck
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 13:35:20 »
Hi Gordon,

I bought a 4322 and an RC unit at the weekend, and have the ambulance and the DHL van - I'll do some comparison photos for you tonight, and follow with a full review on the new light van and the RC Unit.

Just seen my wife's 79yo grandmother off at the airport this morning after a 10 day visit, so my Playmo-room is mine again! Yahoo!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 14:49:21 »
Thanks, Martin, and congratulations on having your kingdom restored to you! ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 14:55:40 »
I have Fred & Maisie pictures to post from the trips, but haven't been able to get at my PC to review and upload them!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 18:24:08 »
Here you go Gordon:

Absolutely no problem with scale and height. The H&D Van is already fitted with the 4320 RC unit in these pictures. Playmobil recommend you do not try to manually roll the vehicle with the RC motor fitted as it would be bad for the motor.

The 4322 van has no rear view mirrors, which some might say is fine for a builder as they don't use them anyway. I suspect this is just so the mirrors do not get knocked off when using it with the RC unit.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 20:11:09 »
Many thanks, Martin.  Now I have to buy the builder's truck!  No excuses about scale, in fact the DHL van is maybe slightly taller as might be expected as the driver has to be able to stand up in the main body.

I agree with your reason for the lack of rear view mirrors as they are easy to dislodge.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 13:31:47 »
I noticed that you haven't put the registration plates on your vehicles, Martin.
Why is it so?

Yes, I know it's a funny question, but I'm just interested :)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 16:39:17 »
Very boring reason - I just hadn't got round to it.

Both these vehicles were brand new to me, bought while on holiday. I got the DHL van out of the box for the photo! The rest of my collection was packed away and inaccessible at the time!

The builder's van still hasn't got it's plates yet - I bought it to try out the remote control unit with, and now I've takent hat off to put into a different vehicle, the van doesn't even have wheels at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 16:57:23 by Martin Milner »

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 18:21:04 »
Thanks for the answer, Martin :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 23:20:09 »

We really want to see 'em, Martin ...  :klickygrin:

I have Fred & Maisie pictures to post from the trips, but haven't been able to get at my PC to review and upload them!

All the best,
Richard