Author Topic: New 2025 (Jan-Jun)  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: New 2025 (Jan-Jun)
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2024, 08:33:20 »
Sad thing is...out of each series of F?gures....only 2-3 are nice and worth collecting. Unlike the days with just "Specials", you can buy a fleet of roman soldiers in bulk without all those fillers. All these new strategy results in less purchase, at least for me. :'(

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2024, 16:51:08 »
The words "death throes" annd "last thow of the dice" come to mind.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2024, 18:25:54 »
Well at least the declining quality is good for my wallet. While this year I did purchase quite a bit after buying nothing for years, it was pretty much all older sets. Anything using the weird new eyes is instantly disqualified for me.

Here's hoping they release something good in the DS stuff soon for medieval or pirates, they really could reissue something new there again, been years since they did that.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2024, 14:32:34 »
Sad thing is...out of each series of F?gures....only 2-3 are nice and worth collecting. Unlike the days with just "Specials", you can buy a fleet of roman soldiers in bulk without all those fillers. All these new strategy results in less purchase, at least for me. :'(

Yeah, I don't like the Figures and buy them very rarely (maybe 20 in total?), but I guess they wouldn't be around for so long if people weren't buying them (and loads of toy companies make them)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2024, 16:11:56 »
Yeah someone must be loving the Fi?ures, they keep making them. The worst aspect of them for me is the fact that the good ones are only ever available at five times the price on ebay. PF helps with this of course but it's extra trouble to get the good ones so I skip most of them  :(
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: