Author Topic: 5307 - Romantic Bathroom  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
5307 - Romantic Bathroom
« on: July 11, 2016, 13:00:34 »
My set came with an unexpected extra hairdryer, which means that the klicky can dry her hair twice as fast...

This set is really just like it looks like on the box, so I didn't intend to do a review.  The sticker on the toothpaste, as you can see, needs redoing (and a dab of glue!), but that's not unusual.  I do like the bath rack, though, and I am over-excited about having a pink toilet brush!

When I was first setting it up, Mr Raven had the little instruction leaflet beside him as he was putting the flowery stickers on the wall behind the toilet.  I was arranging other things, and so I put the nice pink loofah on the bath rack.

It was only later that I realised the 'loofah' was actually a flower for the plant pot!

The towel worn by the klicky doesn't quite meet on the side.

And, underneath, she is in her underclothes, so has limited use unless one has some of those clip-together dresses that she could wear.

But the thing that prompted me to write a review, after all, was the little problem with the mirror.  This is the back of it:

You see that little lump on it?  Well, there's a lump like that on the other side too, and this shows up quite a lot, and distorts the reflection of the lower half of the mirror also.

The mirror is a little fun to play with (if you look into it, you can make one of your eyes turn into a triangle, or even a sideways figure 8 shape), but nonetheless, not what one would expect. 

I've decided, though, that it is a magnification mirror set within the larger mirror, useful for shaving or other close-up bathroomy things.  So now I feel OK about it.  :)
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5307 - Romantic Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 17:44:13 »
Could also be sent over to a fun house at the amusement park I suppose. The underwear could also be seen as a bikini for the beach.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 19:12:29 »
I MUST have that silver mirror part :love:

Thanks for the review!

Offline Iclaudius

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 20:14:30 »
No-one likes to see lumps in the mirror....

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 21:09:20 »
Raven,

I am assuming that the "mirror" is a sticker applied to one side. Does it come reapplied or must you affix it to the plastic? For plastic flashing/molding points you can use fine grit modeling paper 450-600 to remove excess plastic that leaves a smooth and even surfice with no scratches. You can pick this up at any modeling store/ hobby shop.

Cheers,
James
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 12:10:49 »
^ It was a sticker and, yes, rubbing down the plastic to remove the lump first would have been a really sensible idea.  Unfortunately, I'm not the slightest bit sensible when I have a new box of Playmobil in my hands.  I revert to childhood.  'Oh, what's this?' 'Oh, look at that!' 'This goes here!' 'Oh no, I can't find something!' 'Oh, I've put that on wrong...'
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:36 »
I would email or call your local Playmobil customer service and request a new part and sticker. I just sent an email to them with about 20 pieces that were either missing, defective, or had smeared printing or black stains. Quality control is sadly a thing of the past.  :-\