Author Topic: A chrome knight  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: A chrome knight
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 15:45:08 »
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO comments here, just superb sir , bravo , bravo, bravo !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 22:13:19 »
Great work Panos!!!
I had the same results with my first try too! i was too anxious too assemble the klicky.
Try to use a water based varnish to keep your chrome shinny.Your hands can destroy the paint!
I have painted all my shinnimg parts with this varnish.It is very soft for the colours and the stickers.You can use it in Arnaud transfers too!If you choose the gloss one you add an extra shining!

I wish we can have some of Gaston's chrome paint but it is impossible for him  to send it here!
Maybe we can invite him to spend a summer with us here in Greece!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 14:34:53 »
I would love some such chromed knights for my halls of Krull .... they just  look superb sire , this is the 10th time i look upon those sir !!! Just superb !!!!

At the moment my halls of Krull are only decorarated with crowns of conquered kingdoms, flags and treasure boxes. god, a dozen of such chromed knights would make a fine addition. I will ask you sir for some details and advice to make 12 identical chromed knights ....  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 23:07:56 »
Love the chrome.. just classic!

I heard once that you can take a food dehydrator and leave the bottom rack and then take the upper layers and cut out the centers. Once a part is painted you just close it up and turn it on. Now it has warm air gently "blowing" over the part helping it to dry. Kinda like a paint booth for real cars and trucks. Just a idea I once came across years ago. Now that I'm into PM, I will have a go at it. Best of luck and keep up the customs!
To err is human; to klick, divine.