Author Topic: custom firetrucks  (Read 4331 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: custom firetrucks
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 15:34:39 »
I would think you might not see a black firetruck coming. Red, lime green, yellow, purple, pink... all those would be hard to miss.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 17:00:13 »
I would think you might not see a black firetruck coming. Red, lime green, yellow, purple, pink... all those would be hard to miss.

My feelings, too, except that red is not the best colour.  Apparently it is a pyschologically panicking colour while at night under sodium lights it turns black!  The best all round colour is a limey yellow.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 22:24:43 »
Great custom paint jobs, Chris! It's a good thing I never decided to change my PCFD vehicle colors, or I'd never got them done 8}!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 22:35:48 »
thank you all for your kind words. I of course love the color and thought it came out very well also  :love:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 17:40:31 »
WOw these are amazing!
I didn't know there were different colors for fire departments truck and vehicules. I assumed they were all red and you wanted to make your department special!
cool cool cool!!!  :)9 :)9 :)9 :)9
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Red Watch

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 23:20:37 »
Nice distinctive fleet you have there!  Looking forward to seeing them with the decals & stickers applied  :)  :) 
I remember Coventry had some yellow appliances when I was a kid, our local fire station had a reserve appliance that, if you had scratched the red paint would have shown itself to be green underneath, the whole Auxilliary Fire Service fleet was, of course, green, World War 2 Home Office fire appliances were painted grey for a very special reason - the Home Office was paying and grey paint was cheap ! There have been some dayglo painted machines, rumours circulate about some turning dayglo pink after prolonged exposure to sunlight, somebody we know bought a retired dayglo orange truck to take on the vehicle show circuit but to his dismay found himself saddled with the callsign "Tango one" There have been maroon and blue appliances in the past in the U.K. too.   

No, there isn't!  I've just looked more closely at the fire station photos and it's an optical illusion that makes it look as if there is a 4x4 front grafted onto the fire trailer.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/bonniebeth2/Chris%20customs/100_0585.jpg

Funny you should say that, guess what's in workshops awaiting the arrival of a cheap 4822 Fire Chief's car to butcher in order to attempt to represent this

http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickups/jeep_of_england.html

Mini Chief wants it because the Memsahib has actually driven this thing, which she assures me is a nightmare, it's reputed to drink fuel & eat tyres!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 02:46:16 »

Mini Chief wants it because the Memsahib has actually driven this thing, which she assures me is a nightmare, it's reputed to drink fuel & eat tyres!

I used to drive those JEEP Cherokee's years ago & she's totally correct! Not fuel efficient by any stretch of imagination! :no:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 08:08:38 »

Funny you should say that, guess what's in workshops awaiting the arrival of a cheap 4822 Fire Chief's car to butcher in order to attempt to represent this

That's going to be a vdery interesting custom.  Would the rather bigger 3181 (http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3181.htm) - well, actually, a bit over scale 3181 - be another possible donor vehicle?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Red Watch

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:12 »
It could but just having had a look at the pair of 3181 trucks that are sitting in workshops the cab would almost dwarf the back end rather than the other way round, thanks very much for the suggestion though  :) We'll keep it in mind for another possible conversion, the wheels of the 4822 are the same size as the trailer too, the plan is to use the 30 27 3040 "fire hose nozzle insert" wheel centres on all 6 wheels to make it look a little different to the trailer, which then gives us the 3 remaining 30 22 5990 "hubcap, star shaped" to use as spares on other vehicles, well that's the plan anyway........  :)