Author Topic: Pint sized plants  (Read 1975 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Pint sized plants
« on: March 17, 2012, 16:48:21 »
On Friday when I was having a look through the Greenhouses at the Botanics I found a tiny succulent plant growing out from under one of the pots in the Greenhouses, after having a look through some of the plants to see which of them would be the first this year to be repotted then I mixed up some of my special mix cacti compost and set to work on the days plants. The end result was this tiny little plant, fortunately I had a tiny plant pot which I'd bought to use as a prop for with my AM's.

I think it's a Graptopetalum or Echeveria but, ahven't got round to looking it up yet

This is another of my wee plants which is a Crassual Ovata

I was taking some photos of my AM's interacting with the plants at the same time so just to show a quick comparison of the scales. That I hope is going to be one of the great things of collecting/working with Playmobil and Action Man being able to use their different scales to different effects

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 16:53:37 by DrDalek6 »

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: Pint sized plants
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 16:52:37 »
I should perhaps at this point introduce the 2 characters in these photos, the one with brown hair who is reenacting potting it is called Scott and is my mini me complete with his Star Of David to show that he's Jewish like me, his friend with the red hair in the background is Jon and they're both 40th anniversary reproductions based on the original figures and in this instance dressed in their parks uniform

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 19:41:28 »
Nice photos. I suppose if you drilled hole int eh bottom of it you could use the Playmobil Lechuza planters for a small plant like that.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 22:34:36 »
Nice photos. I suppose if you drilled hole int eh bottom of it you could use the Playmobil Lechuza planters for a small plant like that.

Thanks  :), that sounds like a cool idea, fortunate that I bought that small plant pot, we've got plenty of small plant pots at the Botanics but, they're the same size as the one the Crassulas in which is considerably bigger and would probably have swamped it  ;D 

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 00:54:57 »
Ha! Those little plants look really cool next to the Playmobil figure. Nice pictures! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:40:48 »
what dolls are these are they barbie-ken ?  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 11:50:29 »
what dolls are these are they barbie-ken ?  ???

They're 40th Anniversary Action Man so based on the original Action Man figures which were produced/released from about 1966 - 1984, they were modified througout that period with additions such as releastic/flocked hair, soft gripping hands, eagle eyes and a new body with blue pants being the main ones. Anyway these were ones are based around the original 1960's figures with painted hair and hard hands, they are wearing their original 1960's basic solider fatigues with a 3rd issue/mid 1970's baic soldier jumper added to make them look more like council gardeners/parkies, hope this helps  :) ;)     

http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/frameset/frameset.html

Ha! Those little plants look really cool next to the Playmobil figure. Nice pictures! ;)

Thanks it's just the right size I've got to say  :) ;)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 01:45:31 »
They're 40th Anniversary Action Man so based on the original Action Man figures which were produced/released from about 1966 - 1984, they were modified througout that period with additions such as releastic/flocked hair, soft gripping hands, eagle eyes and a new body with blue pants being the main ones. Anyway these were ones are based around the original 1960's figures with painted hair and hard hands, they are wearing their original 1960's basic solider fatigues with a 3rd issue/mid 1970's baic soldier jumper added to make them look more like council gardeners/parkies, hope this helps  :) ;)     

;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 17:33:51 »
those are nice pm size plants!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 21:02:39 »
those are nice pm size plants!

Certainly are as I said to someone you've got to start somewhere, I'm taking great care of my newest and smallest little baby so that it gets the best chance to grow into a fine little plant  :) ;),

It always makes me smile and makes me proud when I see plants flourishing in the Greenhouses when I see new life or plants flowering, I think it's even stronger than anywhere else in the gardens becuase the Greenhouses were neglected before I took them over as the staff usually went in the Pavillions (big Glasshouses open to the public) when it's wet so I know that the plants in there have mostly been potted on, weeded, pruned, had dead leaves taken out posisbly divided or propagted from and all of them have almost certainly had a good does of TLC from me, it makes you feel like the new flush of growth or the flowers are because of that care and affection you've put into them and I also love seeing the little baies I've propagated growing into fine little plants, I hope ti will never cease to bring a smile to my face :) :) :D