Author Topic: NEW CONTAINER SHIP  (Read 3574 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: NEW CONTAINER SHIP
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 17:04:15 »
I regret not have bought the Titan, so this one is on my menu. Those cargo ships of plamobil are wonderfull. To bad they don't fit in with my egyptians, cavemen and romans. Nevertheless, will buy one for sure.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 17:34:21 »
BP: This looks like a very cool ship that would be right at home in someone's huge harbor set up. Glad to see it come to life. Ships are so much fun to play with!
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 18:57:25 »
I've rationalized a way to combine period-themed PM (pirates, knights, western, egyptian, etc...) with modern theme:   you can pretend you are a present-day adventurer mounting an expedition to discover, unbury, and explore ancient or antique treasures, civilizations, and cultures!  Or you can expand it into sci-fi where a modern expedition on a ship (like the titan with a fleet of expedition boats) gets sucked into a time vortex and ends up traveling into the past.... the possibilities are endless!  A titan can even be retro-fitted to become an exploration ship command center if you really wanted.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 20:01:21 »
For combining themes you can always be filming a movie/movies too... at least if they would RE-RELEASE the big movie cameras  :lol: ... rumors say yes... but I'll believe it when I see it
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 21:02:39 »
Both great ideas bp and baron!  :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 21:20:29 »
For combining themes you can always be filming a movie/movies too... at least if they would RE-RELEASE the big movie cameras  :lol: ... rumors say yes... but I'll believe it when I see it

A photo story based on the Deadliest Catch with film crews on a crab fishing ship, excellent idea :)9! That has my vote,....better start stocking up on Playmobil crabs & crates for that project,....more money to pay USA DS now!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 22:15:19 »
I've rationalized a way to combine period-themed PM (pirates, knights, western, egyptian, etc...) with modern theme:   you can pretend you are a present-day adventurer mounting an expedition to discover, unbury, and explore ancient or antique treasures, civilizations, and cultures! 

I've been thinking similarly; I have some modern-day divers and equipment, and the big yacht.
Of course I was inspired by Tintin's adventure where he goes seek for the sunken wreckage of The Unicorn. (this part was left out of the movie, I've been told). Tintin, Haddock, prof. Calculus and the 2 detectives hire a trawler called "Sirius" because they believe the treasure is hidden in the wreckage, as seems to be indicated by the coördianates on the papers they had found.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 22:18:00 »
Or you can expand it into sci-fi where a modern expedition on a ship (like the titan with a fleet of expedition boats) gets sucked into a time vortex and ends up traveling into the past

Makes me think of that movie (with Roy Scheider as captain I think) about the aircraft-carrier USS Nimitz, where the ship gets into a big storm in the 1970's and ends up getting out the storm in 1941!

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 01:23:51 »
I've rationalized a way to combine period-themed PM (pirates, knights, western, egyptian, etc...) with modern theme:   you can pretend you are a present-day adventurer mounting an expedition to discover, unbury, and explore ancient or antique treasures, civilizations, and cultures!  Or you can expand it into sci-fi where a modern expedition on a ship (like the titan with a fleet of expedition boats) gets sucked into a time vortex and ends up traveling into the past.... the possibilities are endless!  A titan can even be retro-fitted to become an exploration ship command center if you really wanted.

I really like this idea!!!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.