Author Topic: Postal car  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Postal car
« on: July 07, 2006, 20:01:16 »
The post theme seemed to be quite complete to me: central part is for sure the 4400 post office; with the 4403 mail carriers set we got the classical postman be feet and by bicycle, and with the 4401 DHL delivery truck our playmos also can receive parcels.  That's what I was used to in real live. When we moved to the country side into a small village I became aware that in rural areas letters are delivered by a small postal car, very similiar to the bakery delivery car (4411) – I assume Germans recognize immediatly what I mean.

So I completed the post theme by this little customizing. (BTW: this was the vehicle I referred to here, so it's not that difficult to paint a car completely, i.e. also from the inside: for this I disassembled the car and airbrushed each single part; afterwards I re-assembled it again – the imprints a decals)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: Postal car
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 20:13:55 »
Hi Jo,

great Customizing !

Love your work !! so detailed !

Your animals are very good ,too !!

gentle greets

Andi

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 21:48:46 »
Neat little van, Jochen! :wow:

Seems you could create just about any custom vehicle you wanted once you put your mind to it. 8-)

Thanks for sharing it here. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 21:55:08 »
That's an excellent custom, Jochen.  I wonder Playmobil didn't think of it themselves.  A great photo, too, with nice touches of detail and good use of the room wall to provide a realistic background to the post office.   I like the post office theme, though I've limited myself to the DHL van and the various mail carriers.

Out here we have our mail delivered by a small van, too, so your custom is especially appreciated.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 10:13:04 »
Thank you all for your nice comments.

I wonder Playmobil didn't think of it themselves.

To be honest I wondered too, because this would be that easy to create by Playmobil. (Like my latest animal customizing too.)

First when I got this idea, second thought was that Playmobil already did such set (maybe on a basis of a different vehicle), and so I went thru the catalogue ... but I recognized that there wasn't one at all in the past.  Maybe we get it some day officially from PM. (Maybe the chances are good because they discontinued the bakery delivery car, so maybe that mold will be reused for a postal car.)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 12:16:54 »
 8} This is amazing little Jo, thank you for sharing it with us !! I think this is an excellent idea and a wonderfull addition to the Post theme. Seeing toy post vehicles like this allways reminds me of my childhood when i used to play with my Lego post van's  :-[.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 22:01:07 »

GREAT custom, Jochen !!!