Author Topic: The new Union Jack in 5139  (Read 4940 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: The new Union Jack in 5139
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 23:26:07 »
Or Playmobil could do it right in the first place so we don't have to sacrifice a second klicky to get one good one...

well that's a small detail ,there are others and others things more important  that they are doing bad , i can't see this pistol case on his shirt  :lens: i don't think it annoys me  :love: :love: :love: :love:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 01:57:54 »
But it's totally inaccurate! They would have worn their pistols tucked into the front of their belt, not in a holster on the side. It's not authentic at all.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 14:12:34 »
But it's totally inaccurate! They would have worn their pistols tucked into the front of their belt, not in a holster on the side. It's not authentic at all.

why everything else is authentic?  ::) ::)  :love: :love: :love:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 18:46:16 »

why everything else is authentic?  ::) ::)  :love: :love: :love:

Your base of argument is fallacious. Just because Playmobil frequently make mistakes in their accuracy does not mean we shouldn't call them on inaccuracies that bother us.

We dislike this inaccuracy because it is totally avoidable, and just on play-terms, it's impossible for this guy to hold his arm at a reasonable angle due to the length of the gun barrel, so it doesn't make for a good figure. 

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 18:59:23 »
:hmm: maybe you are forgetting this set biggest inaccuracy - redcoats are sailing the ship instead of sailors.
 ;) they did a lot of things on board - http://britishmarines.blogspot.com/p/history.html - but sailing was never one of them.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 02:28:35 »
Your base of argument is fallacious. Just because Playmobil frequently make mistakes in their accuracy does not mean we shouldn't call them on inaccuracies that bother us.

We dislike this inaccuracy because it is totally avoidable, and just on play-terms, it's impossible for this guy to hold his arm at a reasonable angle due to the length of the gun barrel, so it doesn't make for a good figure. 

ok ok  whatever you say 
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 10:02:22 »
Here's the pic of the back of the box from the official website...
The officer's uniform is soo nice...
He would be suitable for lots of customizing, weren't it for that holster ::)

The legs from the other Redcoat in this set are the ones with kneetrousers and shoes, they come fully in white here.
I don't find them very suitable for a (lower-ranking) redcoat either, but they are very good for use on/customizing of blue-uniformed English naval officers!  :love:

On a side note, some back-box images aren't available yet (pirates' island) though the 360°-view is. But I've found out the contents (f.e.numbers of included accessories) anyway by slightly moving the mouse over the image...

I've come to the conclusion all new pirates' sets don't include that many weapons:
* the black (nowadays darkgrey) classic longpistol only comes in about 3 sets, and allways there is just 1 in each set.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-09-5440

* Not taking into account the here in January released superset 4007 & blister 4127, the classic pirates' sword is no longer included in any of the new sets , apart for Island 5134 ... where it comes in a blue(!) colour  8} , probably like the one in ghostpirates' set 4803.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-09-5650
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-29-5630

Oh, and the 5134-island should contain... a golden pistol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:11:19 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 14:08:02 »
That side-holster thing must be one of the stupidest decisions EVER. It was bad enough already on the current knight special. HWY? HWY? HWYYYYY?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 07:38:27 »
That's really a shame about the holster, as the rest of the klicky looks magnificent. :'(
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: