Author Topic: Manchu Banners  (Read 3633 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: Manchu Banners
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 06:00:18 »
thank you for sharing so much of your experience with Asians!
hope your Manchurian DIL will make some manchurian klickies with your help (my problem is mainly with those thick layers of dresses and baggy sleeves...not to mention their hairstyles (longing for more members to come up with better solutions while waiting for PM)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 23:45:57 »
Cheng,

Fortunately new DIL is quite talented and an artist as well. Will add "Make Manchurian Clickies" to her To Do List right now! She paints and draws quite well and would be happy spending the rest of her career as an artist after finishing her masters in marine geology.

We had a blast traveling with her in Korea, China and Hong Kong; not only could she translate for us, but she had some idea of what the foods on the menus were. That saved our necks big time. And she has already taught our older son enough Chinese (Mandarin) to talk. He had to spend two years improving her English for the GRE first, so it is his turn now.

It seems to me the first place to start is with the heads and faces of the Clickies. Do you recommend the same color of skin as the Asian family set? As to clothes, you must want the ancient warrior style most likely, whatever that is. Can you provide a photo or drawing of what style of clothing you prefer? Hubby is good at making molds and pouring them with various materials. Maybe he can make some prototypes to get the process started once we give him some photos.

Maybe the way to get more Asian figures is to collaborate. Cheers, Pgal :wave:

(Photo with DIL in downtown Seoul Palace two years ago.)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 09:42:38 »
hmmm...looks like your family has all the talents for an In-house collaboration  ;)

thanks for sharing this photo, she looks sweet too :)
and you can even add things to her "To Do List"?!
besides mandarin, what other Asian languages can she read?

heads and faces of Asian Clickies;
at first I didnt want to make too many customs in case PM came up with a new (yellow?) color for Asians but after the launch of the Asian family set, I now think this will be the same color (as caucasian klikies) so we better not start a new Asian color if we are to remain PM-ish.  ;)

yes, I will email you a wish-list for ancient warriors clothings, armor and headgear which I'm unable to make to date :P
to add to yur son's "To Do List"!  ;D

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 12:24:34 »
Cheng,
Thanks for your kind note!

Yes, it would be easier to use the current PM head color and just customize the faces with your stickers because the tolerances are so perfect on the heads.

The clothes are a different matter. Maybe it would be easier to make the clothes of fabric and just dress a plain Clickie in them. Like the folks in the large bag of plain Clickies sold by PM DS. Those are very plain figures and need some dressing up.

I have not yet located a source for Clickie clothing. Most of the American Girl Doll clothing (sold by Mattel ....ugh....in the US) is made in Asia, and it is of high quality...generally. I have bought quite a few outfits because one day I hope to have a granddaughter (we just have two sons.) AG dolls and their clothes were originally made in Germany by the Pleasant Co., but production was moved to Asia around the time Mattel purchased the co. They have a line of smaller dolls called Itty Bitty Babies, and those clothes are nicely designed and made as well.

Does anyone in PF know of a source of clothing that would fit Clickies? That would be a lot of fun to play with and really change the look of the gal Clickies. L offers some clothing for its larger Belville line of girls' figures, and the pieces are not bad, especially their Sunshine House, my personal favorite L set.

All for now, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 16:11:02 »

Does anyone in PF know of a source of clothing that would fit Clickies? That would be a lot of fun to play with and really change the look of the gal Clickies.

There is a US seller on eBay who dresses Playmobil figures in Polly Pocket clothes and hair. The scale is quite similar and they fit surprisingly well.

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 17:13:04 »
 :clap:  Well done Cheng the flag is great and so detailed!

I also love that woman in the gold dress from Sylvia's photos although some of the others look a bit funny.   :-\

naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 01:34:48 »
sknaht naflibomyalp!  ;D

...Maybe it would be easier to make the clothes of fabric and just dress a plain Clickie in them.
...Pgal :wave:

those nice examples from Sylvia is a testimony to your idea, Playmogal, they fit and look in place (as for cheng, the 'wargaming-soldier-builder', he uses only washable, and mass-produced plastic parts  :P

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 01:42:09 »
and Sylvia,
I like the red shoes, the rabbit costume, but I like the 'Genie' get-up most of all! (I have a little corner in my shelves which would be just the right home for her!)

btw Sylvia, do you think all these additional parts are made of washable-plastic? If they are, I'm amazed how the tighter clothes/trousers fit right over our clickies as tho they are moulded over them :love:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:47:15 by cheng »

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:28 »
Sylvia,
Those are very nice photos of female customs! Thanks for the info.
Cheers, Pgal :wave: