Author Topic: Help with ship disassembly  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
Help with ship disassembly
« on: August 04, 2010, 14:00:46 »
Hi yall, My kids are having their rooms painted and I'm re-boxing their toys for safekeeping . . . I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the masts and bowsprits off of the pirate-ship hulls. I don't want to break them off . . . is there a trick to this?

Thanks,
Kelly

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Help with ship disassembly
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 14:43:09 »
Which pirate ship is it? Have a look here! http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0

You have to remove any string lines first, hooks, sails, crow's nest, rigging, and then pull the masts slowly off the hull...

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 17:35:34 »
Remove the ladders and rigging‚ then pull the masts straight up.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 18:30:28 »
Be carefull when removing the rigging as I broke the top bit once on one of mine because the plastic is very thin there

Advice is to pull the rigging slightly down and out of the bottom first, and then lastly hook it off the top :)

Damo :)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 21:38:39 »
Advice is to pull the rigging slightly down and out of the bottom first, and then lastly hook it off the top :)
Yes, he’s exactly correct. You will break the hook on the underside of the mast capping pieces if you don’t remove it correctly (as he described).

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 22:22:39 »
Hi, I have removed everything from the ships (5778, 5810) that can be removed and am now left with a bare hull with attached masts and bowsprits.  They are relatively new ships, so they may go together differently than the older ones. . . When I pull on the masts - really hard - they won't budge.  When you pull while putting a bit of torque on them, they make an aweful cracking sound. Any more ideas . . .Thanks

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29:34 »
¿What’s the set number? ‘Cause for the life of me, I can’t figure out what the problem is, but we could help better if we know what set it is… Sorry. :-[

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 03:30:05 »
When I pull on the masts - really hard - they won't budge.  When you pull while putting a bit of torque on them, they make an aweful cracking sound. Any more ideas . . .Thanks

Hi,

With the 5778, you should be able to pull out the masts quite easily (when everthing else - like the rigging - has been removed. Just pull a little harder when they don't come loose immediately.
Be more careful when handling the bowsprite. (If you have a look at the bowsprite when the ship is upside down, you'll be able to see why). You have to push on the bowsprite; to the front, away from the bow, then it should come apart.

The 5810 is different (like all the similar Playmobil ships from the "Schooner"-class); the mast and bowsprite are really well attached to the ship. You have to pull reasonably hard on the mast (as straigt as possible, not moving it to the front or aft) to detach it.  The bowsprite should be pushed also with a bit of force. Push it where it is attached to the ship's deck in the forward direction, away from the bow of the ship. When this shouldn't work, you can try to remove it by doing a quick hard pull on the front-end of the bowsprite.

Grtz

Capt'n Hadoque

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!