Author Topic: Playmobil Website Problem ...  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil Website Problem ...
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 20:57:50 »
To the French, we are "les Allemands" (actually one of many "german-speaking" tribes whose home was close to the French border).

To the English, we are "the Germans" as a group of tribes was actually called by the Romans (The Romans being in England AND Southern Germany at the same time (100-300 AD methinks) the name may come from that period.

The word "Deutsch" comes from an 1500 year old word "tiutisc" meaning "the people" (as is the case in a large number of languages) and modern Italian has taken "tedesco" (=a german) from that.

Linguistics are always a tricky business.

And for English actors you are "ze Zermans"  ;D
For Basil Fawlty however, you'd still be "the Krauts"  :uhoh:  :P
(btw, English are called "redbeafs" by the French and the French are called "sansculottes" by the Flemish" & "frogs" by the English. We Flemish also call the Dutch "kezen"...not sure what they call us  ???  8})

On topic: I use Chrome and can momentarily still go to the German page. Perhaps because I've created an account there a while ago using my usual IP-adres (to see the prices, though off course I can't order anything from where I live.)...?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 21:10:16 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 21:07:38 »
I have no problem with the explorer nor firefox
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 21:36:17 »
I'm on Mozilla Firefox, so it might only be a problem for Explorer - I'm not being redirected to the Canadian page...
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 23:40:00 »
If you clear your cache and cookies then you should be able to go there the regular way again... a few days ago my browser told me that the playmobil site wanted to know where I was from and asked if I wanted to tell it... I said no... :) but perhaps your browser told the site without asking you?

Nope.  That never happened.  I thought of the cache too.

My biggest gripe is the playmobil.ca url not working.  Now I have to waste extra time going to playmobil.com then selecting the tiny icon for English for Canuckistan.  A real pain in the ... bottom.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 09:53:52 »
My biggest gripe is the playmobil.ca url not working.  Now I have to waste extra time going to playmobil.com then selecting the tiny icon for English for Canuckistan.  A real pain in the ... bottom.

This is maybe a very stupid solution, but it worked for me. Do you type "playmobil.ca" in the address bar?

Try using "www.playmobil.ca"

That was what made it work for me, and it looks that it works for .ca from my side as well. Yeah I am lazy and rather not type the "www." but I think it's faster then waiting for the page to load and then clicking your appropriate flag.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 11:11:48 »
it works today...I'm in.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:48 »
When I type in .de, I still get redirected to the US when I click products. However, I went in through a link from here, as Ace suggested, and was able to get to the german products page and bookmarked it. When I go in through the bookmark, it let's me stay.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.