Author Topic: Our new Train +  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Our new Train +
« on: August 14, 2008, 14:23:15 »
Well after a some time collecting now i finally purchased a Electric Train :love: Despite the Transformer being made in China and not working properly i must say that this train is really beautiful. I thought it would be similar to my RC old timer but it is bigger, faster, stronger and has the classic clikity clack as it travels down the track  :love: Well technically the train is not bigger but it does have the longer roof, big smoke stack and cow catcher making it look bigger. I purchased it in a oddly listed lot on ebay that was a hit or miss (2nd & 3rd pic) .  I was out bid, and a few weeks later received a 2nd chance offer at my last bid price  :hmm: Well i guess the gamble paid off , everything in the 1st picture was in the lot & complete.

I now feel more sympathetic to the "steck good ol days" argument . you just can not reproduce the classic look of the 3769 farm house with system X . X is what we have now and i will use it for modern buildings but Playmobil could have chosen to expand stecks instead of starting over with X .

Thank you Knight Train for the Transformer help :wow: & MacGuyver for trying to get me to blow up my new and only electric train ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Our new Train +
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 15:11:00 »
Congratulations on your buy!  Was the Chinese transformer an original Playmobil one, or was it just what the seller put in the lot.

It's a nice layout in your first picture - a nice cross-section of classic Playmobil themes.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 16:57:48 »
I have to stop looking at these layout photos!

I cannot afford to get sucked into trains, I am selling off my HO and N scale trains to fuel my knight and Roman acquisitions, but Rasputin's comment about the clickety-clack sound of the trains makes me pine for one!

Gepettto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 17:52:36 »
Hi Playmofire, Yes it is the blue transformer with the Playmobil logo on top . I will try to take it a part and see if it is fixable . In the early days of Chinese products they were not disposable but reparable  :crossed:

Hello Gepetto, I will admit my train is a bit louder do to the fact that the rails have moved on the ties and it is not as easy as i thought to slide them back into alignment. I am left with larger gaps where the tracks meet giving the train an exaggerated sound. I do understand what you mean about not wanting to get any new themes . I have a lot of the RC trains and now i will need to get a lot of the metal track ( the wife is not going to be happy about this at all >:( ) Oh well time to go to the jewelers and flower shop  :*)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 18:20:19 »
Rasputin,

They sell Playmobil at the jewelers and flower shop? You are a lucky man!

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 19:01:14 »
 hmm maybee i will just buy these instead now that you mention it " sorry honey i was going to get you some real things but look what i found on ebay , and look what a good value it was , those other things would just rot and end up in the compost pile and the kids would drop the jewels down the drain " :-*

Thanks for the idea Gepetto  :P

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 19:34:39 »
That looks like a 3958 set
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3958
which with the 4029 set are probably the two hardest sets to find.
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4029

Now you're in trouble, because you need more things for the engine to pull and of course more tracks.  Playmobil does make an adapter to allow RC track to be joined to brass track - it allows the RC train to use the brass track, not the electric train to use the RC track.  But it does offer an option to use a brass siding switch to link up with an RC layout and by throwing the siding have the RC train run on the brass tracks.

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 19:43:15 »
The set is 3958, if you want any Playmobil adaptors to go from the LGB track to the Playmobil plastic track they are in pack 7562. I purchased some from Ridge Road Station early on this year. The price had been $11.90 and they were on offer at $8.33.