Author Topic: 71455 + 71456 Series 25  (Read 2263 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
71455 + 71456 Series 25
« on: May 11, 2024, 16:11:12 »
70939 + 70940 Series 24

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 25 (direct link)

Ok, later than usual, but...

As always, comments welcome - and let me know what I missed ;)

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 71455 + 71456 Series 25
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 17:13:50 »
Great review as always, lots of wonderful customs you did with them.  My only minor quibble is that I think the one you call a blogger is an air show photographer. He comes with the telephoto camera, and the logo on his shirt plus those on the laptop are from the Airshow theme. So I think he does digital photos at the airshow and dowloads them to the laptop.

I particularly loved yourmermaid with the Aztec torso, and the ancient woman using the half erased basketball player torso. Also loved the Steampunk guys

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 17:58:23 »
Great review as always, lots of wonderful customs you did with them.  My only minor quibble is that I think the one you call a blogger is an air show photographer. He comes with the telephoto camera, and the logo on his shirt plus those on the laptop are from the Airshow theme. So I think he does digital photos at the airshow and dowloads them to the laptop.

You may be right! Not a core thing, I didn't recognize the logo. Major fail, I guess.  :-\ Maybe I should list the figures before actually generating the pages...

Maybe he has a blog about the airshow?  :-[

I particularly loved yourmermaid with the Aztec torso, and the ancient woman using the half erased basketball player torso. Also loved the Steampunk guys

Thank you. I struggled with the robot. My sister said there should be one with that head... but he was my 3rd attempt, I think.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 18:08:43 »
Always a treat seeing your in-depth reviews Ms. Tahra! :love:

By the way, where is it you get your Fi?ures from? I have the misfortune of living in a Playmobil-deprived area, and the only other place I could reliably get them from—dropped Playmobil entirely. So eBay is currently the only way to avoid duplicates at least…and we all know how that place is with prices…

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2024, 19:59:58 »
Always a treat seeing your in-depth reviews Ms. Tahra! :love:

Thank you... don't have 26 yet.

By the way, where is it you get your Fi?ures from? I have the misfortune of living in a Playmobil-deprived area, (..)

Same here. I get them from playmoland, through a friend...  There used to be a couple of stores that sold them and shipped, but the ones I used at one time or another are no more :(

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2024, 15:23:45 »
I have series 26 and they are up on my Figures pages. I will do a post here soon. I have been getting mine from Greece. There is an eBay seller there I have been using the last few series. They aren't reliably available here in the USA any more. The seller sends complete sets. They circle on the bag in pen which figure it is, so maybe not suitable for mint in the bag purists, but fine for people who open everything.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2024, 08:41:31 »
I use this seller in the UK, about £30 for a complete set of 12 figures. They usually supply unopened, unmarked bags. But I'm happy with opened bags to make sure there are no duplicates or missing figures. It isn't clear from the website (which is still being developed) whether they offer international shipping, but I will email and ask.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2024, 15:49:06 »
Luna-Skye don't do international shipping, but they will send to the US when items are bought on eBay, using eBay's Global Shipping Programme. I will start a new topic on this subject....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)