Author Topic: Set 6436 3 French Soldiers  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Set 6436 3 French Soldiers
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:05:49 »
I have my first 9 sets of the 18 or 19 I intend to buy.  I wrote in a prior posting on how I was going to take them apart to change them around.  My usual method is to turn their head to their left and lifting their arms and holding on their torso, hit their legs on the table.  This does not seem to work with the French soldiers.  Does anyone have another method to take the klickes apart?

Also, I was on the Playmobil USA site this evening and I noticed the 3-French Soldiers set is not available.  Anyone know why?

-- Donmobil

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 07:09:50 »

Also, I was on the Playmobil USA site this evening and I noticed the 3-French Soldiers set is not available.  Anyone know why?

-- Donmobil

Seems like all the sets I was planning to get in the next round are unavailable.  :-\

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 14:04:30 »
I have my first 9 sets of the 18 or 19 I intend to buy.  I wrote in a prior posting on how I was going to take them apart to change them around.  My usual method is to turn their head to their left and lifting their arms and holding on their torso, hit their legs on the table.  This does not seem to work with the French soldiers.  Does anyone have another method to take the klickes apart?

I don't see how that wouldn't work for them... Though I'd be afraid to break their legs.

I pop them all with the same method... Link: My popper..  (well, that is version 1, since I have now a dedicated popring in the playmoroom... same principle though  :P )

In hundreds and hundreds of klickys I managed to break one (or was it two?) speedo frames, marking the heads - new lamely printed heads...

So, more recently I have started to yank the speedos heads instead (they are harder to get a hold of).. And if I am feeling lazy I also whack them, kinda like you do (the ones that can be whacked - pants, preferably not IMPORTANT legs, justin case, and "normal" torsos - as in non fat, no lifted skirts).

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 00:25:29 »
What I think is that it's a crying shame we can't order loose klickies through DS anymore, thanks to some eBay scalpers...

They never show up as available to order with the online parts-finder of the official website, but you can order klickies, just not online.
For BE, you´ve to ask DS to mail you a nice oldfashioned paper order-form and fill it in (and add exel-sheets or similar for large parts orders if you are ordering more then some klickies), then scan it and mail it to them or send it by post.
If one (also) sells on ebay or elsewhere and they know it, it won´t work though. I allways explicitly add on my orders that I am a collector and definately not a (re)seller.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 09:21:36 »
They never show up as available to order with the online parts-finder of the official website, but you can order klickies, just not online.
For BE, you´ve to ask DS to mail you a nice oldfashioned paper order-form and fill it in (and add exel-sheets or similar for large parts orders if you are ordering more then some klickies), then scan it and mail it to them or send it by post.
If one (also) sells on ebay or elsewhere and they know it, it won´t work though. I allways explicitly add on my orders that I am a collector and definately not a (re)seller.

Thanks, I've been ordering klickies like this for some time now!  :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:07 »
Seems like all the sets I was planning to get in the next round are unavailable.  :-\

!!! I wanted a French Soldier set! They had better not be sold out...
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: