Author Topic: Someone Forgot to Tell PM That a Toy Porsche Shouldn't Look This Wonderful  (Read 1421 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Someone Forgot to Tell Playmobil That a Toy Porsche Shouldn't Look This Wonderful
Toyland (gizmodo)

LINK

Nice, in spite of th esilly mistake with the date.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Very good review  :)
I just bought one of these for my 9-year-old nephew and he was extatic! Found it online for € 29,95 (Dreamland webshop), now I come to think of it, I should have bought one for myself too.

Edit: This is him sporting a 'cool' attitude to match the Porsche  ;D

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 17:39:55 by Birdie »

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
I wasn't going to buy them... I don't need them... But then my nephew said "I need a fast cool car" while he was playing with a Playmobil police car... Needless to say, I'll be buying Porsches
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
That's a great review, with great photographs too.

And Birdie, your nephew looks like a wonderful advert for the car also.  The photo looks like he a clip from a rock star video, as his 'Got myself a [Playmobil] Porsche' song is playing.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
I enjoyed that review too, thanks for posting the link Tahra!

Does the joke about the Haynes manual work for everyone? That (and the 'Weird Al' figurine ad. next to the review) were real bonuses for me.  :lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
I have seen some photos of this but, it's interesting to see a full review of it clearly the guy reviewing it is a fan. It's certainly got a nice sleek shape and good customisation possibilities the lights are really cool.

I think kids would like it particularly for the customisation at least if they're anything like me taking part my Playmobil F1 car for pretend pit stops the car dealership part I can't really see it but, hey suppose it's useful if you're doing it as part of a bigger set up  :)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Great review! I didn't know the dash lit up, that's very cool.

The comments section is hilariously serious with Porsche afficionados.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
And Birdie, your nephew looks like a wonderful advert for the car also.  The photo looks like he a clip from a rock star video, as his 'Got myself a [Playmobil] Porsche' song is playing.

I'm pretty sure it was playing in his head  ;D 

Thanks for pointing that out  :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic

Amazing how some people obsess over small details  ;D [irony]
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
I know!  It's like any discussion we can have here, just a different focus!  :lol: