Author Topic: BTCV Easter Egg Hunt  (Read 1345 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
BTCV Easter Egg Hunt
« on: April 02, 2013, 19:47:21 »
Hello when I was visiting a toy store a while back I saw they had some Easter chicks which gave me an idea so a few weeks ago when the weather was a bit warmer and sunnier I took some photos as you'll see.

Following the success of last years Easter Egg Hunt in Doncaster the guys at BTCV decided it would be a good idea to hold another event this year and so they managed to arrange to hold a another Easter Egg Hunt at the popular venue of the Sheffield Botanical Gardens. Before they could start the event though a trail of eggs had to be set up for the kids to follow in order to find the eggs so some of the volunteers worked tirelessly to lay the eggs out   

“Phew!, this sure is a big one are you sure it’s one of our eggs?”

“Well where else could it have come from? …”

I hope this next photo is alright I didn't plan it but, I went to a meeeting a few weeks back and they had these bigger eggs so that gave me another idea for an extra photo

“You were saying?”  “Excuse me but, I think you might have one of our Easter Eggs, can we have it back please”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: BTCV Easter Egg Hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 19:53:54 »
That's great DrDalek6  :)

(loved the guest too)

Let's hope they don't all.... overindulge. You have docs, right? :D

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 19:58:37 »
Later on when they've recovered from their close encounter, they’re ready to begin so they gather the kids round along with some of the adults and the group photographer to explain the instructions. It is suggested they split into pairs and follow the trails of eggs which’ll lead them to one of the plants on the checklist that each pair will be given, when they find one of the plants on the list they need to check it off and then follow the trail to find the big prize at the end.

The trail leads them up some rocks to the first plant Galanthus (Snowdrops)

Next on the list is a colourful plant called Iris Reticulata and there's also some nice Anenomes in flower near by "Hey come take a look at this pretty flower I've found"

The final plant on the list is called Eranthis Hamamelis (Winter Acconite) and it has lovely bright buttercup yellow flowers when it's at it's best the flowers are an almost acidic shade of yellow 

From there it’s not far to follow the trail to the end and the big prize  :easterhop: :easter:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 20:01:33 »
Finally to finish the day off everyone gathers round for the group photo

Hope you all enjoy and that you're enjoying a Happy Easter  :eggbasket: :bunny:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 20:50:46 »
That's great DrDalek6  :)

(loved the guest too)

Let's hope they don't all.... overindulge. You have docs, right? :D

Thanks I'm sure the Helicopter crew can come and help them if they overeat although maybe a helicopter ride to hopsital isn't the best thing for an overfull tummy  ;D. Glad you like my guest judging by his expression in the photo I think he's a little embarassed at having to ask the little guys for his egg back  :-[, I think they were just relieved he only wanted the egg  ;) 

Offline Kate

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 21:57:05 »
I love the ears!!  And you can just look at the kids' faces to see how excited they are about their huge eggs. 

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 19:53:36 »
I love the ears!!  And you can just look at the kids' faces to see how excited they are about their huge eggs.

Thanks I'm glad you like it I think the kids did like their hunt I'm sur ehtey weren't complaining about the size of the eggs, I was considering getting smaller Easter Eggs but, of course don't have any wrappings and since the eggs are going on grass and soil after all may as well reuse them  ;) As for the ears well there's a photo I found of some of our guys posing for a photo and one of them's dressed in an admittedly rather scary looking rabbit costume I don't have any rabbit people so I decided to make them some bunny ears  ;D ;) :bunny: