Author Topic: DS order, UK and camper trailer 3236 expensive spare  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: DS order, UK and camper trailer 3236 expensive spare
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 22:05:06 »
Yes, if you ask the price for each item individually, they should tell you. I've only made one order, but that worked for me! What other sorts of parts did you order?
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:43 »
I am making another order this week, I will request a breakdown of costs by email and let you know how I get on.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 17:13:18 »
... received part number 30 67 0440 which is the caravan body 30 67 4640 - Body of camper trailer including the door.

Could you double-check that, Graham? I have 30 67 0440 - Van roof with 2 skylight openings and back lights, from 3925 Ambulance.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 19:51:05 »
Sorry, my mistake- too many numbers. I received 30 67 4420 Wohnanhanger (body of camper and door) instead of the door alone.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 18:49:05 »
Sorry, my mistake- too many numbers. I received 30 67 4420 Wohnanhanger (body of camper and door) instead of the door alone.

One more part for the DB - thanks Graham.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 19:31:25 »
I'm getting lost here, Graham.  Did you actually receive what you had ordered then?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 12:32:00 »
Did you actually receive what you had ordered then?

Yes, I received the door for the camper trailer (caravan) which I ordered, but only because it came attached to the much larger
camper trailer body (which I didn't order) as an 'automatic substitution'. As this cost £15, I felt it was not a reasonable substitution and PM agreed to refund the cost when I send back the part. So I have a caravan with no door still!

From this I have learnt it is probably a good idea to request an itemised list of items to be supplied before paying for the order.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:08 »
Thanks, I follow now.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 16:33:49 »
Might have been better to keep the door and try selling the camper body on ebay. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 19:37:09 »
I made another order today (9:14 am) and asked in my email
"It would be helpful if you could send me an itemised invoice so I can check any possible substitutions. If this is not possible, perhaps you could let me know any parts costing over £3."
I hoped this might elicit the sort of itemised costs Walt-Trains alluded to:

D.S in the U.K. will give you the cost of each item if you ask, or if you send an email ask what each item costs.

I got a prompt response (11:39 am)  :) with a list of parts not available and part numbers of three items costing £3.70, £3.70 and £2.75  (no surprises given what they were- Roof piece and wallpaper for Modern House 3965 and a Klicky respectively). Not quite an itemised list  :-\ but better than being charged £15 for an automatic substitution, so I'm happy. :)

The order included 14 different hairpieces (wigs) and only one (silver chainmail) was unavailable, so I'm pleased about that too  :) - DS in the US has not always been this helpful in the past e.g. this from 2009:
Hi everyone,

Just tried to place an order yesterday for various parts plus hair and was told that you could no longer order hair...you have to buy the kliky to get hair.   I figure they must be trying to stop refurbishing of used parts.

Janice

and more recent experiences of parts ordering in US and Europe. Just goes to show how the service varies in different parts of the world!