Author Topic: Babysitting Tom Typhoon  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Babysitting Tom Typhoon
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 00:06:12 »
I really like this commercial! A great way to show how Playmobil appeals to all ages! :)9
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:21:19 »
this ad is awesome!! I am so jealous of the babysitter  :lol: I'd sure enjoy babysitting if this was really it! It carries a clever message thought and must be really effective!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 13:09:02 »
Love this ad, Tim, hadn't seen it before.  I think Playmobil would do themselves a great service by advertising more in other countries.  I never see comercials here for Playmobil.  Maybe I am just not watching the right shows.   :lol:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 15:35:41 »
Great find, Tim! It looks like it's dubbed in German, though  :eh?:. Hopefully that means that it will also come out in the U.S. with an English version.
Ace :brownhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:24 »
That would sure be nice. I finally spent a morning watching cartoons while I did housework, just so I would see the playmo ads, and I must say, they were rather pathetic. Really, really lacking. They would do well to have more eye-catching commercials in the US. This one is waaaay to long, though, and would have to be extremely condensed.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:18:07 »
That would sure be nice. I finally spent a morning watching cartoons while I did housework, just so I would see the playmo ads, and I must say, they were rather pathetic. Really, really lacking. They would do well to have more eye-catching commercials in the US. This one is waaaay to long, though, and would have to be extremely condensed.

Do you mean the 30 second ones are pathetic? I agree, it's hard to tell what they're even advertising. I imagined that this was supposed to be as entertaining as the normal shows. That way, people would keep watching as if it wasn't a commercial. I think that it's pretty entertaining as a regular feature  :).
Ace :brownhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 04:03:57 »
Yeah, the little short ones are pathetic. Nothing to really reach out and grab you about how wonderful a toy it is, no catchy tune or slogan to make the name stick in your head, and it moves by so fast you can't even get a good look at what they are advertizing.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 15:27:29 »
yes, geobra is finally getting smarter.  :)
instead of pleasing just the kids they finally realized they had to conquer their parents (actually the ones who have the money).  ;)
maybe they will also realize that -lots-of-parts-slow-to-build instead of ready-made is the only way to go.
  :prays:
    honni soit qui mal y pense